MSc in Sociology: Technology and Society
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Second-cycle degree programme
Faculty of Humanities, AGH University of Science and Technology
Tuition and Other Fees
1500 EUR per year
Contact the Unit
Contemporary societies have witnessed a number of discussions regarding the influence that science and technology have on our society and our culture. Such debates are often contradictory; from one side, they focus on the positive influence of science and technology on contemporary societies and cultures, from the other, technology and science create lot of moral panics and anxieties.
Our program matches the principles of AGH University of Science and Technology and is a sign of gradually increasing role of the humanities in analyzing the spheres of developing applied sciences and their achievements. The aim of it is to give the students a deep understanding of the socio-cultural conditions and consequences of the development of science and technology.
The two-year program offers the interdisciplinary training in sociology of science and technology. Students achieve the MA degree through successful completion of comprehensive examinations and a dissertation, as well as other requirements.
The master's program includes a series of basic courses (Core Seminars & Core Courses) as well as more specialized classes, also those provided by other Faculties at AGH University of Science and Technology. The flexible construction of the study program allows to plan and to develop the unique and individual path of education.
- Scan of the passport page with your photo and personal data.
- Scan of signed Curriculum Vitae.
- Scan of signed cover letter, in which a candidate is obliged to show special predispositions to study at the chosen programme of study.
- Scan of the official certificate confirming your command of the language of instruction (Polish or English) – list of recognised English certificates.
- Scan of the higher education diploma with legalization (or apostille) with annotation (or as a separate document) stating, that the diploma entitles to apply for admission to second-cycle degree programmes at universities of every type in the country in which you received the above mentioned diploma.
- Scan of the official transcript of records with scale of grades included, confirmed by the University.
AGH UST Centre for International Students
Education related issues
PhD Jacek Gądecki
A. Mickiewicza Ave. 30
30-059 Krakow, Poland
phone: +48 12 617 50 92
- BSc in Electronics and Telecommunications
- BSc in Mechatronic Engineering
- MSc in Chemical Technology: Clean Fossil and Alternative Fuels Energy
- MSc in Civil Engineering : Geotechnical Engineering and Underground Construction
- MSc in Computer Science: Systems Modelling and Data Analysis
- MSc in Electrical Engineering: Smart Grids Technology Platform
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications: Network and Services
- MSc in Geophysics: Applied Geophysics
- MSc in in Computer Aided Engineering Processes: Virtualization of Foundry Engineering
- MSc in Management: International Management
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Advanced Materials – Processing and Characterization
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Functional Materials
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Modern Materials, Design, and Application
- MSc in Mechatronic Engineering: Mechatronics Design
- MSc in Mining and Geology: Economic Geology
- MSc in Mining Geology: Mining Engineering
- MSc in Sociology: Technology and Society