Poznan University of Technology
address: M. Skłodowskiej-Curie 5
60-965 Poznań, Poland
phone: +48 61 665 35 44
fax: +48 61 665 39 65
Poznan University of Technology is the best technical university in the Wielkopolskie voivodeship in western Poland. In 2016/2017 it has been the second most frequently chosen university in Poland, as up to six candidates competed for a place there. Poznan University of Technology (PUT) is among the best technical universities in Poland.
PUT was the first Polish university to become a member of CESAER - Conference of European Schools for Advanced Engineering Education and Research – a European organization which brings together all the best technical universities. It is also a member of SEFI - Societé Européenne pour la Formation des Ingenieurs, EUA – European University Association, ADUEM - Alliance of Universities for Democracy as well as IAU - International Association of Universities.
Poznan University of Technology arose from Higher School of Machine Construction, which was founded in 1919. PUT boasts nearly a century of experience in educating highly qualified engineers and researchers in many areas.
Currently PUT has nearly 21 000 students in 10 faculties:
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Technical Physics
- Faculty of Computing
- Faculty of Management Engineering
- Faculty of Machines and Transport
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Management
- Faculty of Chemical Technology
Education is provided in 31 fields of study, of which four in first-cycle and eleven in second-cycle are given entirely in English.
Science for the people
The Wielkopolskie voivodeship, and Poznan in particular, offer enormous prospects. Poznan boasts the lowest unemployment rate in the country as its circumstances encourage industrialists to set up their businesses here. At present there are approximately 100 000 businesses active in this city.
Poznan University of Technology is a place where students can gain experience closely connected with the reality of labour market. They are educated in accordance with the changing requirements of business and industry. A programme of dual studies has been developed in collaboration with companies such as: Volkswagen Poznań, Solaris Bus & Coach S.A., Phoenix Contact Wielkopolska, STER, Beiersdorf Manufacturing Poznań, Blum Polska sp. z o.o., Zakłady Mechaniczne Kazimieruk. In this programme students can obtain education that goes hand in hand with requirements and expectations of labour market, they can pursue additional training courses or obtain language certificates, and above all it is a programme of studies where theory is closely connected with practice in the best companies. Students who complete a programme of dual studies find employment in the companies involved in it.
Beside the companies already mentioned the list of partners includes: Samsung Electronics, Amica, Man Bus, HCP-Poznań, Luvena, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals S.A.), Dalkia, Budimex, Skanska, MTP-Poznań, BZ WBK – Group Santander, and many others.
In November 2016 a Huawei Academy was opened at Poznan University of Technology, first of its kind in Poland. A modern laboratory was built, where students can study modern Huawei technologies. They can expand their knowledge of modern technologies through practical classes conducted by professionals in this field.
Since 2014 a Centre of Aviation has been in existence with a modern flight simulator; PUT has a fleet of two aircraft: Zlin 242L and Extra 330 LX as well as MDM-1Fox air glider. At present PUT students can be educated in two fields: Aviation and Astronautics.
PUT has signed around 230 international agreements with universities in Europe and outside. The University has been participating in the Erasmus+ programme and bilateral exchange agreements for many years. In scientific research PUT collaborates with as many as 80 universities from around the world.
Double degree – double advantage
In order to improve education standards PUT collaborates with companies not only in Poland. Special agreements have been signed with universities in France – Lille-I and Université Evry Val d'Essonne for the following fields of study: Automation Control and Robotics and Corporate Management; these agreements enable students to obtain two degrees upon completing a joint programme of study. There are further similar projects in preparation.
Technology in a positive feeling
PUT students can join one of over 80 science groups in order to pursue their scientific interests, to obtain additional grants from the Rector to conduct research or for scientific travel.
Beside science groups there is a student radio station Radio Afera, a student TV station Spacja TV, university choir Poligrodzianie, and many other organisations.
PUT also has 36 sporting clubs where nearly 1500 students exercise regularly. At the Academic Sport Gala in 2016 PUT was fourth in general classification, and third in the category of technical universities. The Sports Centre at PUT has facilities for tennis, bowling, spinning, indoor rowing, squash as well as gyms.
Grants for the best students!
PUT offers grants for the best international students doing payable courses. Such grants cover the costs of accommodation at PUT student dormitories.
Facts & figures
- Founded in 1919
- 1330 academic staff
- 21 000 students
- BSc in Architecture
- BSc in Automatic Control and Robotics
- BSc in Electronics and Telecommunications - Specialization: Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- BSc in Engineering Management, specialization: Engineering with Commerce
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering specialization: Product Engineering
- Master of Science in Electronics and Telecommunications:Specialization: Information and Communication Technologies
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering, Specialization: Gas Technology and Renewable Energy
- Msc in Architecture
- MSc in Chemical Technology, specialization: Composites and Nanomaterials
- MSc in Civil Engineering, specialization: Structural Engineering
- MSc in Civil Engineering, specialization: Construction Technology Management
- MSc in Computing, specialization: Software Engineering
- MSc in Engineering Management, specialization: Corporate Management
- MSc in in Automatic Control and Robotics, specialization: Smart Aerospace and Autonomous Systems of PUT and Master Degree Sciences pour l'Ingénieur option Smart Aerospace and Autonomous System (SAAS) - double degree programme
- PhD in Chemical Technology
- PhD in Civil Engineering and the Environment
- PhD in Management and Production Systems
- PhD in Mechanical and Operating Engineering
- PhD in Modern Electrical and Information Engineering
- PhD in Technical Physics
- PhD in Telecommunication Technologies
- PhD in Theoretical and Practical Problems of Automatic Control and Robotics
- PhD in Theoretical and Practical Problems of Computing