Poznan University of Technology
University of Technology is the best technical university in the Wielkopolskie voivodeship in western Poland. Poznan University of Technology (PUT) is among the best technical universities in Poland. PUT was the first Polish university to become a member of CESAER – Conference of European Schools for Advanced Engineering Education and Research – a European organization which brings together all the best technical universities. It is also a member of SEFI – Societé Européenne pour la Formation des Ingenieurs, EUA – European University Association, ADUEM – Alliance of Universities for Democracy as well as IAU – International Association of Universities.
Poznan University of Technology arose from Higher School of Machine Construction, which was founded in 1919. PUT boasts nearly a century of experience in educating highly qualified engineers and researchers in many areas.
Currently PUT has nearly 16 000 students in 10 faculties:
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Chemical Technology
- Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Faculty of Computing
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications
- Faculty of Engineering Management
- Faculty of Transport Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Management
- Faculty of Technical Physics
Education is provided in 30 fields of study, of which four in first-cycle and eleven in second-cycle are given entirely in English.
Science for the people
The Wielkopolskie voivodeship, and Poznan in particular, offer enormous prospects. Poznan boasts the lowest unemployment rate in the country as its circumstances encourage industrialists to set up their businesses here. At present there are approximately 100 000 businesses active in this city.
Poznan University of Technology is a place where students can gain experience closely connected with the reality of labour market. They are educated in accordance with the changing requirements of business and industry. A programme of dual studies has been developed in collaboration with companies such as: Volkswagen Poznań, Solaris Bus & Coach S. A., Phoenix Contact Wielkopolska, STER, Beiersdorf Manufacturing Poznań, Blum Polska sp. z o. o., Zakłady Mechaniczne Kazimieruk. In this programme students can obtain education that goes hand in hand with requirements and expectations of labour market, they can pursue additional training courses or obtain language certificates, and above all it is a programme of studies where theory is closely connected with practice in the best companies. Students who complete a programme of dual studies find employment in the companies involved in it.
Beside the companies already mentioned the list of partners includes: Samsung Electronics, Amica, Man Bus, HCP-Poznań, Luvena, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals S. A.), Dalkia, Budimex, Skanska, MTP-Poznań, BZ WBK – Group Santander, and many others.
In March 2017 the First Academic Consortium was formed One Belt One Road between universities in Poland and in China, a first undertaking of this type in the world. The consortium comprises 15 universities and organisations in China and 11 technical universities in Poland, including PUT. A result of the collaboration is a creation of Confucius Class, where PUT employees and students can study Chinese with native speakers of Chinese straight from China. Another effect is the creation of a Sino-Polish Research Centre of the New Silk Road. It aims to bring together major technical universities from Poland and China. The main objectives of the Centre will be to transfer science, education, culture and consequently also business.
In November 2016 a Huawei Academy was opened at Poznan University of Technology, first of its kind in Poland. A modern laboratory was built, where students can study modern Huawei technologies. They can expand their knowledge of modern technologies through practical classes conducted by professionals in this field.
Since 2014 a Centre of Aviation has been in existence with a modern flight simulator; PUT has a fleet of two aircraft: Zlin 242L and Extra 330 LX as well as MDM-1Fox air glider. At present PUT students can be educated in two fields: Aviation and Cosmonautics.
PUT has signed around 431 international agreements with universities in Europe and outside. The University has been participating in the Erasmus+ programme and bilateral exchange agreements for many years. In scientific research PUT collaborates with as many as 150 universities from around the world.
Double degree – double advantage
Foreign uniersities recognize the high level of education and professionalism in teaching and research offered at PUT, and in order to improve education standards special agreements have been signed with universities in France – Lille 1 and Kyiv Technical University – for the following fields of study: Corporate Menagement; Mechanical Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering these agreements enable students to obtain two degrees upon completing a joint programme of study.
Technology in a positive feeling
PUT students can join one of over 80 science groups in order to pursue their scientific interests, to obtain additional grants from the Rector to conduct research or for scientific travel.
Beside science groups there is a student radio station Radio Afera, a student TV station Spacja TV, university choir Volantes Soni, and many other organisations. PUT also has 36 sporting clubs where nearly 1500 students exercise regularly. At the Academic Sport Gala in 2016 PUT was fourth in general classification, and third in the category of technical universities. The Sports Centre at PUT has facilities for tennis, bowling, spinning, indoor rowing, squash as well as gyms.
Scholarships for the best students!
PUT offers scholarships for the best international students doing payable courses. Such grants can be paid in cash, or cover the costs of accommodation at PUT student dormitories.
Facts & figures
- Founded in 1919
- 1310 academic staff
- 16 000 students
Lifelong Learning and International Education Office
Pl. M. Skłodowskiej-Curie 5, 60-965 Poznań, Poland
phone: +48 61 665 35 44, fax : +48 61 665 39 56
- BSc in Architecture
- BSc in Artificial Intelligence
- BSc in Automatic Control and Robotics
- BSc in Chemical Technology
- BSc in Electronics and Telecommunications
- BSc in Engineering Management, specialization: Engineering with Commerce
- BSc in Sustainable Building Engineering
- M.Sc. in Automatic Control and Robotics, specialization: Smart Aerospace and Autonomous Systems
- MSc in Architecture
- MSc in Chemical Technology, specialization: Composites and Nanomaterials
- MSc in Civil Engineering, specialization: Structural Engineering
- MSc in Civil Engineering, specialization: Construction Engineering and Management
- MSc in Computing, specialization: Software Engineering
- MSc in Construction and Exploitation of Means of Transport specialization: Product Engineering
- MSc in Construction and Exploitation of Means of Transport, Specialization: Gas Technology and Renewable Energy
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications - Specialization: Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- MSc in Engineering Management, specialization: Corporate Management
- MSc in Logistics, specialization: Logistics Systems
- PhD in Chemical Technology
- PhD in Civil Engineering and the Environment
- PhD in Management and Production Systems
- PhD in Mechanical and Operating Engineering
- PhD in Modern Electrical and Information Engineering
- PhD in Technical Physics
- PhD in Telecommunication Technologies
- PhD in Theoretical and Practical Problems of Automatic Control and Robotics
- PhD in Theoretical and Practical Problems of Computing