SGH Warsaw School of Economics
Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie (SGH)
address: al. Niepodległości 162
02-554 Warsaw, Poland
phone: +48 22 564 98 58
Founded in 1906, SGH Warsaw School of Economics (Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie, SGH) is the oldest public university of economics and business in Poland.
Education. SGH Warsaw School of Economics offers many opportunities to study economics and business. Besides our Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD programes we also offer post-graduate and executive studies for people interested in lifelong learning.
Our educational system complies with the Bologna Declaration, which assumes:
- a system of academic grades which are easy to read and compare internationally, including the introduction of the diploma supplement,
- a system based on three cycles: a first cycle (Bachelor) geared to the employment market and lasting at least three years; a second cycle (Master); and a third cycle – doctoral studies,
- a system of accumulation and transfer of credits (ECTS),
- mobility of students, teachers and researchers,
- cooperation with regard to quality assurance,
- the European dimension of higher education.
Postgraduate studies & MBA programme. Postgraduate studies, with abundance of faculties and courses, are addressed to graduates of various universities. Our candidates can select from over 120 programmes in Polish and English including the prestigious Canadian Executive MBA programme.
Research. Traditionally, SGH Warsaw School of Economics has been a centre for scientific research in economics and management. Research projects are carried out by five collegia. Each year, our research results in over 1,5 thousand published books, monographies, scripts, coursebooks, articles and research papers. Every year, SGH publishes a bilingual, Polish & English report on the competitiveness of the country’s economy and around 150 expertises.
International cooperation. SGH has traditionally been open to exchange of knowledge, educational and research experience with foreign academic centres. The School maintains international contacts cooperating with almost 300 foreign universities, and takes part in research activities conducted in collaboration with foreign centres. Each year foreign academics visit the School to attend seminars and conferences, give lectures and participate in joint research projects. SGH also takes part in a wide range of international student exchange programmes. SGH is involved in several international programmes for faculty and students. As the only university from Poland SGH is a member of CEMS. It offers a prestigious Master in International Management programme.
Student life. There are over 70 students’ organisations at SGH. They make the university teem with life and activity almost incessantly.
Facts & figures
- Established in 1906
- 753 faculty members
- over 16 500 students
- 808 foreign students
- BA in Global Business, Finance and Governance
- BA in International Economics
- BA in Management (specialisations: Entrepreneurship, Project Management)
- BA in Quantitative Methods in Economics and Information Systems
- MA in Advanced Analytics - Big Data
- MA in Finance and Accounting (unique Master’s Programme with opportunity of ACCA qualification)
- MA in Global Business, Finance and Governance
- MA in International Business (specialisations: International Business Management, Business in Central and Eastern Europe)
- MA in International Tourism, Hotel Industry and Leisure Services
- PhD in Management and Economics
- Canadian Executive MBA