Wroclaw University of Economics
Uniwersytet Ekonomiczny we Wrocławiu
address: Komandorska Street 118/120
53-345 Wrocław, Poland
phone: +48 71 368 09 82
71 368 08 36
fax: +48 71 367 27 84
About the University
The Wrocław University of Economics is a state university, founded in 1947, proud of its long tradition of high quality education. Today, the Wroclaw University of Economics is ranked among the top economic schools of higher education in Poland, an important center of education, science, and research. Its activities are aimed at maintaining and strengthening the position of the University on regional, national, European, and international levels.
Altogether it employs 630 academic teachers including 131 professors. There is strong interest in economic studies. In the academic year 2016/2017 the University has over 13 000 students.
There are four faculties at the Wrocław University of Economics:
- Faculty of Economic Sciences,
- Faculty of Management, Information Systems and Finance,
- Faculty of Engineering and Economics,
- Faculty of Economy, Management and Tourism (faculty located in Jelenia Góra).
The students can choose from 60 specializations within the range of courses offered by the faculties. The educational system at the WUE follows the requirements of the Bologna declaration. We apply the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) and issue Diploma Supplements. The exchange of academic staff and students is carried out under the Erasmus and Leonardo da Vinci programmes. In the academic year 2016/2017, there are more than 100 courses offered in foreign languages to Erasmus students. The WUE has 205 cooperation agreements with foreign partners. The courses organized by the University of Economics, which are divided into semesters, are run in two level systems and can be attended as full-time day courses, part-time weekend courses. The University is authorized to run an Executive MBA Program for graduates, and is available in a Polish or English language version, and is organized in conjunction with universities from Belgium, France, Ireland.
Curricula realized in the University include foundation subjects, and general and specialist subjects, and ensure full compliance with other
European universities curricula. This enables our students to participate in academic exchange, and to study abroad as a part of their course. Foreign graduates are accepted here to complete their bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees.
The University offers free Polish language courses for the exchange students. The courses are provided during each semester and have two levels for the student to choose: beginners and intermediate. The course content will also help students to get acquainted with Polish culture.
The University possesses 31 premises for teaching, research, administration, and social purposes. Classes are performed in lecture rooms and exercise rooms, and in computer, chemical, and technological laboratories. Rooms are equipped with modern audio-visual aids. Some rooms possess facilities enabling direct tele-transmissions and teleconferencing activities.
Facts & figures
- More than 13 000 students
- More than 630 academic teachers
- More than 76 000 graduates
- More than 450 foreign students each academic year
- The first lecture at the University was given in February, 1947
ul. Komandorska 118/120, 53-345 Wrocław, Poland
phone: +48 71 36 80 836, fax. +48 71 35 72 784
- Bachelor in Business Informatics
- Bachelor in International Business
- Bachelor in Management (Full time bachelor program)
- Bachelor Studies in Finance
- Bachelor Studies in Logistics
- Master in Business Administration
- Master in International Business
- Master of Business Management
- Master Studies in International Logistics
- Master Studies in Finance
- MBA Executive Study Program in Management
- European Doctoral Program in Economics, Management and Finance
- IT Summer School
- Summer School