MSc in Materials Engineering: Advanced Materials – Processing and Characterization
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Second-cycle degree programme
Faculty of Metals Engineering and Industrial Computer Science, AGH University of Science and Technology
Tuition and Other Fees
1500 EUR per year
Contact the Unit
This educational program is suitable especially for those students who have a strong background in materials science. It educates students in highly sophisticated materials characterization methods, such as electron microscopy, x-ray diffraction, thermal analysis and various mechanical materials processing and testing methods. Completing the studies will give students a strong knowledge base and understanding both of different materials and the most important research methods used in the field.
Students pursuing this program will become familiar with the most important manufacturing technologies of all engineering materials. The studies will also focus on the production of materials with the aim of understanding how production technologies can be used and managed to control the structure and properties of materials. To be successful in their studies, students need to be highly motivated, systematic and innovative.
In order to remain at the forefront of technological and scientific development, an increasing number of highly educated people is needed in research and product development in various branches of industry and academia. This program gives students skills and knowledge to pursue either an academic career or a career in industry.
Candidates are asked to attach to the e-Rekrutacja system the following documents:
- Scan of the passport page with your photo and personal data.
- Scan of signed Curriculum Vitae.
- Scan of signed cover letter, in which a candidate is obliged to show special predispositions to study at the chosen programme of study.
- Scan of the official certificate confirming your command of the language of instruction (Polish or English) – list of recognised English certificates.
- Scan of the higher education diploma with legalization (or apostille) with annotation (or as a separate document) stating, that the diploma entitles to apply for admission to second-cycle degree programmes at universities of every type in the country in which you received the above mentioned diploma.
- Scan of the official transcript of records with scale of grades included, confirmed by the University.
AGH UST Centre for International Students
Education related issues
Vice-Dean, Professor Tomasz Śleboda
A. Mickiewicza Ave. 30
30-059 Krakow, Poland
phone: +48 12 617 50 92
- BSc in Electronics and Telecommunications
- BSc in Mechatronic Engineering
- MSc in Chemical Technology: Clean Fossil and Alternative Fuels Energy
- MSc in Civil Engineering : Geotechnical Engineering and Underground Construction
- MSc in Computer Science: Systems Modelling and Data Analysis
- MSc in Electrical Engineering: Smart Grids Technology Platform
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications: Network and Services
- MSc in Geophysics: Applied Geophysics
- MSc in in Computer Aided Engineering Processes: Virtualization of Foundry Engineering
- MSc in Management: International Management
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Advanced Materials – Processing and Characterization
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Functional Materials
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Modern Materials, Design, and Application
- MSc in Mechatronic Engineering: Mechatronics Design
- MSc in Mining and Geology: Economic Geology
- MSc in Mining Geology: Mining Engineering
- MSc in Sociology: Technology and Society