MSc in Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Master of Science
2 years (4 semesters)
Lodz University of Technology, Faculty of Electrical, Electronic, Computer and Control Engineering
Tuition and Other Fees
4500 PLN per semester (approx. 990 EUR)
June/July For details check: https://rekrutacja.p.lodz.pl/en/deadlines
The main goal of the program, both n Polish and in English, is to provide students with advanced understanding of electronics, telecommunications and ICT, especially with regard to the current state and development trends in these fields. The content of the core curriculum for both programs was selected so that each student would acquire knowledge and skills that could be immediately used in specialist engineering activities typical of the current job market, and research and development activity.
The program taught in Polish is delivered entirely at Lodz University of Technology. The curriculum of the program places particular emphasis on the training in analysis and design of analogue and digital electronic systems, microprocessor technology (including software) and optoelectronics, implementation of modern telecommunications and ICT networks. The program concludes with the award of a magister inżynier degree in Electronics and Telecommunications from Lodz University of Technology.
The program taught in English is delivered jointly by Lodz University of Technology (TUL) and the University of Naples Federico II (UNINA), where two groups of students from both universities move between the two universities. These are students pursuing Applied Electronics specialization who begin their studies in the first semester at Lodz University of Technology. Semesters II and III are common for both groups and take place in Łódź and Naples, respectively. The last semester (diploma) is spent in Naples by the students of Lodz University of Technology, where they prepare and defend their diploma thesis. The curriculum of the specialization was developed jointly by Lodz University of Technology and UNINA, based on the understanding of the needs of the electronic and microelectronic industry of the EU countries and differs significantly from the curriculum of the program delivered in Polish. Special emphasis is put on the training in the field of micro and nanoelectronic technologies, design and operation of renewable energy sources with particular focus on photovoltaics, design and operation of fiber optic networks, microprocessor technology (including software), implementation of modern telecommunications networks. The program concludes with two diplomas: magister inżynier in Electronics and Telecommunications from Lodz University of Technology and Laurea Magistrale in Ingegneria Elettronica from the University of Naples Federico II.
In both the Polish and English programs, the students also acquire knowledge and skills that allow them to continue their studies at the doctoral level. The students learn to apply knowledge and to find, select, and verify information from various sources, including electronic ones. The training is provided in whole or in part in English, which prepares the student to benefit from the wealth of resources in English and to operate in an international environment.
Candidates have to hold a legalized diploma of first degree studies or another foreign document that entitles them to continue education at the second degree studies level.
A candidate must have very good knowledge of English proven by an international language certificate or an official document issued by candidate’s university stating that English was medium of instruction on the first degree study programme they have completed.
List of accepted international language certificates is also available on our website: https://rekrutacja.p.lodz.pl/en/language-requirements
According to the Polish law of 2007, it is possible to recognize some of the courses included in a study programme on the basis of the qualifications obtained outside a higher education institution.
Particularly: - A student who documented professional experience or has run own business consistent with a programme of a training included in the study program, can have such a training recognized,
- A student who possesses a certificate of the knowledge of a foreign language on the level defined in the educational standards for a given field of study and a level of education can be exempt from a duty to participate in such courses, - A student who possesses European Computer Driving License can be exempt from a duty to participate in information technology courses. Below the forms of activities not included in a study programmes for which ECTS points can be awarded are enumerated: - Participation in the activities of scientific circles, - Participation in a research project, - Participation in a project conducted for the needs of industry, - Professional work, - Vocational qualifications confirmed by certificates, - Participation in lectures/ seminars conducted by the representatives of companies - Placement abroad, - Sport achievement.
International Cooperation Centre
36 Zwirki St., 90-539 Lodz, Poland
tel: +48 42 638 38 64
36 Zwirki St., 90-539 Lodz
phone: +48 42 638 38 64
- BA in Design
- BSc Gestion et Technologie
- BSc in Advanced Biobased and Bioinspired Materials
- BSc in Architecture
- BSc in Biomedical Engineering and Technologies
- BSc in Business and Technology
- BSc in Computer Science
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
- BSc in Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering
- BSc in Industrial Biotechnology
- BSc in Information Technology
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- MA in Design
- MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- MSc in Applied Electronics
- MSc in Architecture
- MSc in Computer Science and Information Technology
- MSc in Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering
- MSc in Energy Systems in Built Environment
- MSc in Industrial Biotechnology