Environmental Protection Specialization: Restoration and Management of Environment
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
3 semesters semester
Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW
Tuition and Other Fees
Around 8200 PLN per one academic year
Recruitment calendar: http://www.sggw.pl/en/for-candidates/recruitment/recruitment-of-foreigners/recruitment-terms
Commencement of studies: February/March
Course ProfileMission of the Study
The Interfaculty Study of Environmental Protection aims at providing students with a comprehensive and interdisciplinary environmental knowledge presented by the best specialists from a range of scientific areas from different faculties of Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW.
Aim of the specialization (major)
This specialization has been established to provide its students with (i) understanding of biological processes, legal aspects and management rules of environmental protection, and (ii) a range of tools for future specialists who will be capable of securing the good quality of the environment and who will possess skills to solve problems regarding the natural environment on different levels.
Detailed programme of studies
The programme is divided into three semesters. It consists of both lectures and seminar classes/labwork. The detailed list of subjects is as follows:
a) First year: Ecotoxicology, Mathematics and statistics, Environmental policy, Plant adaptation to environmental stresses, Ecological bases of nature conservation, Integrated water resources management and restoration, Hydrogenic soils, Environmental aspect in landscape planning and design, Soil biology, Ecological infrastructure in agricultural landscape, Restoration to ecosystem of wild medicinal plants, Case study of environment restoration – part I, Land and water conservation, Ecological engineering for environmental protection, Soil hazard pollution and protection.
b) Second Year: Environmental processes modeling, Hydrological modeling with GIS, Faunal reserches/River ecological surveys, Reforestration, Ecotourism, Risk analysis, Project management, Case study of environment restoration – part II, Diploma seminar.
Education Requirements- diploma of the first-cycle studies (Bachelor's degree or equivalent) in the field of environmental protection;
- diploma of related field of the first cycle studies, for which the effects of education are convergent with the learning outcomes expected of the candidates; if the convergence is incomplete, the student will be obliged to supplement the competence gaps by completing the subjects specified during the interview, in an amount not exceeding 30 ECTS, which is the limit of admissible discrepancy (Candidates permanently living outside Poland, who cannot come personally to interview, will be qualified on the basis of the documentation attached to the Candidate Service System);
- in the case of the number of candidates exceeding the admission limit
– the average grade from first-cycle studies is taken in to account;
- confirmed knowledge of English language;
Office for Students' Affairs: email@example.com
Faculty Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next begins1st March
Nowoursynowska 166 St.
02-787 Warsaw, Poland
phone: +48 22 59 310 25
- Civil Engineering, Specialization: Engineering Infrastructure
- Economics Specialization: Economics and Organization of Enterprises
- Environmental Protection Specialization: Restoration and Management of Environment
- Food Technology and Human Nutrition, Specialization: Organic Food Quality and Marketing, within the ELLS EUR-Organic - European Master in Organic Agriculture and Food Systems)
- Forestry Specialization: Forest Information Technology
- Horticulture Specialization: Horticulture
- Informatics and Econometrics Specialization: Big Data Analytics
- Organic Agriculture and Food Production
- Veterinary Medicine