Master, Environmental Protection Specialization: Restoration and Management of Environment
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Tuition and Other Fees
4 500 PLN / semester
Date of commencement of studies: March / October Recruitment calendar: https://www.sggw.edu.pl/en/recruitment/
Aim of the program
The Restoration and Management of Environment (RME) aims at providing students with comprehensive and interdisciplinary environmental knowledge presented by the best specialists from a range of scientific areas. Studies are focused on both technical and ecological aspects of the environment, emphasizing the role of human in shaping sustainable landscapes and ecosystems. The programme is divided into three semesters. It consists of lectures, seminars, labworks and field research.
Main mandatory subjects
Mathematics and statistics, Food in Culture and Society, Tourism in protected areas, Ecotoxicology, Landscape planning by ecological methods, Hydrogenic soils, Plant adaptation to environmental stresses, Integrated water resources management and restoration, Elective (Contemporary challenges in wetlands restoration or Integrated floodplain protection) or Foreign language, Environmental policy, Ecological bases of nature conservation, Processes of decision support, Spatial planning, Risk analysis, Soil biology, Ecological infrastructure in agricultural landscapes, Restoration to ecosystems of wild medicinal plants, Land and water conservation, Ecological engineering for environmental protection, Soil hazard pollution and protection, Hydrological modeling with GIS Case study of environmental protection – part I.
Environmental processes modeling, Faunal research or River Ecological Surveys, Case study of environmental protection – part II., Diploma seminar, M.Sc. dissertation.
Careers in environmental protection involve jobs that aim in reduction of negative human pressure on natural environment, restoration of degraded ecosystems, sustainable use of environmental resources, environmental education and creating environmental policy.
Graduates will be ready to work in the fields of environmental planning and analysis, environmental policy, legislation, and regulation, natural resources conservation and management, environmental engineering and environmental education, communication and advocacy and fundraising. Possible jobs include governmental positions, coordination of environmental agencies and NGOs, environmental consulting, technologist in industry, environmental engineering, research and teaching positions in schools and universities.
- diploma of the first-cycle studies (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the field of environmental protection,
- diploma of related field of the first cycle studies, for which the effects of education are convergent with the learning outcomes expected of the candidates; if the convergence is incomplete, the student will be obliged to supplement the competence gaps by completing the subjects specified during the interview, in an amount not exceeding 30 ECTS, which is the limit of admissible discrepancy (Candidates permanently living outside Poland, who cannot come personally to interview, will be qualified on the basis of the documentation);
- in the case of the number of candidates exceeding the admission limit the average grade from first-cycle studies is taken in to account;
- confirmed knowledge of English (certificate of English language at least level B2).
Student Affairs Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Coordinator: email@example.com
Warsaw University of Life Sciences - SGGW
02-787 Warsaw, Poland
phone: +48 22 59 310 25
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science – Technology and Nutrition
- Bachelor Degree in Organic Agriculture and Food Production
- Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology
- Master Degree in Civil Engineering, Specialization: Engineering Infrastructure
- Master Degree in Environmental Engineering, Specialization: Modern Engineering in Water Management
- Master Degree in Finance and Accounting
- Master Degree in Forestry, Specialization: Forest Information Technology
- Master Degree in Horticulture, Specialization: General Horticulture
- Master Degree in Informatics and Econometrics, Specialization: Big Data Analytics
- Master, Environmental Protection Specialization: Restoration and Management of Environment
- Veterinary Medicine