MSc in interdisciplinary studies: Automatic Control and Robotics, Electronics and Telecommunication, Informatics - Data Science
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Master of Science
1,5 year / 3 semesters (start in mid-February)
Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice
Tuition and Other Fees
1200€ for 1st semester; 1100€ for each subsequent semester
MSc. studies in area of Data Science in the Faculty of Automatic Control, Electronics and Informatics, Silesian University of Technology are given in English and concern issues related to contemporary algorithms of data processing and their applications. Teaching and discussing techniques of data analysis have interdisciplinary character, include elements of information technologies, several computational and algorithmic aspects of data analysis, statistics and many links to specific knowledge in areas of applications. Studies include lectures, laboratories and projects taught by specialists in data analysis, with the help of modern computational techniques, supported by high quality hardware tools, focused on real data sets and contemporary, important problems of their processing. Some of the optional courses are given by experts from information technology companies.
Studying data science in English allows for wider access to the literature and better possibilities for international cooperation. Industrial stakeholders of the Data Science specialization are scientific institutions and enterprises developing systems and software for data analyses, prognoses, computer aided business and industrial decision making, which search for high quality staff for supporting their projects.
Graduate of the Data Science specialization acquires competence in the area of application of information techniques, modeling methods, computational and algorithmic methods, statistical analyses, to processing and knowledge extraction from large datasets generated on the basis of contemporary computer techniques. The graduate is prepared to both creative individual work and to work as a member of the team creating informatics solutions of application character, based on modern informatics hardware systems, new computer technologies and programming environments and tools.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with transcript of records
Bachelor degree certificate with transcript of records
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: Polish / English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
1.Document stating that candidate’s diploma allows to take up the second cycle studies in the country of issue (if such a statement is not already written on that certificate).
2. Proficiency at level B2 by CEFR scale or equivalent.
ul. Akademicka 2A
44-100 Gliwice, Poland
phone: + 48 32 237 16 90
- BSc in Automatic Control and Robotics, Electronics and Telecommunication, Informatics (interdisciplinary studies)
- BSc in Biomedical Engineering (BE) direction. Specialization: Information systems in medicine (Full-time)
- BSc in Biotechnology
- BSc in Circular Economy
- BSc in Civil Engineering
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
- BSc in Engineering Physics
- BSc in Environmental Engineering
- BSc in Industrial and Engineering Chemistry
- BSc in Informatics
- BSc in Management and Production Engineering - Management of Production Systems (Full-time)
- BSc in Management and Production Engineering - Management of Production Systems (Part-time)
- BSc in Mathematics (Applied Mathematics)
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Mining and Geology
- BSc in Power Engineering
- BSc in Transport
- MSc in Architecture
- MSc in Automation and Robotics – Integrated Manufacturing Systems (under patronage of the Balluff company)
- MSc in Biotechnology - Biofuels
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Electrical Engineering
- MSc in Industrial and Engineering Chemistry
- MSc in Informatics
- MSc in interdisciplinary studies: Automatic Control and Robotics, Electronics and Telecommunication, Informatics - Data Science
- MSc in interdisciplinary studies: Automatic Control and Robotics, Electronics and Telecommunication, Informatics - Electronics and Telecommunication
- MSc in Logistics (part-time)
- MSc in Management and Production Engineering - Logistic Systems in Industrial Enterprises (Full-time)
- MSc in Management and Production Engineering - Management of Production Systems (part-time)
- MSc in Materials Engineering - Welding technologies and surface engineering in manufacturing (under the patronage of Messer Eutectic Castolin Sp. z o.o. company)
- MSc in Materials Engineering – with major in - Materials and Processes in Modern Industry
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering - Aircraft Design
- MSc in Mechanics and Machine Design- Aircraft Propulsion Systems
- MSc in Mechatronics – Mechatronic Systems Engineering (under the patronage of the IBS Poland company)
- MSc in Mining and Geology
- MSc in Power Engineering - Energy Transition
- MSc in Transport
- MSci in Interdisciplinary Studies: Automatic Control and Robotics, Electronics and Telecommunication, Informatics - Automatic Control