BA in Economics, specialization: Economics in English
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
BA in Economics
6 semesters (3 academic years)
Faculty of Economics and Sociology, University of Lodz
Tuition and Other Fees
For the updated tuition fees, please visit: http://iso.uni.lodz.pl/study-in-english/tuition-fees/
15 July 2021
The three-year undergraduate program in Economics at the Faculty of Economics and Sociology of the University of Lodz is intended to provide students with tools that will allow them to describe and analyze economic and social reality.
Those who have ever wondered about the following issues…
- Should health insurance be mandatory?
- Which pension funds are more reliable: public or private?
- Will you soon be able to pay with bitcoins for access to Spotify and Apple Music?
- Will the rapid technological progress and automation of production soon lead to a situation in which most people who are currently working will be unemployed?
- If I run my own company after graduation, should I invest in advertising or focus more on introducing new products?
should choose studies in Economics at the Faculty of Economics and Sociology of the University of Lodz.
Undergraduate students in Economics do not learn how to fill out forms for the tax office or the Social Insurance Institution. Economics is a science that allows them to understand behaviors and choices, both at the micro and macro-level. During the program, students will learn to answer questions about the causes and consequences of actions taken by themselves, entrepreneurs and politicians. They learn abstract and critical thinking so that they can solve problems themselves and seek answers to the above questions.
Studies in Economics will enable you to get the proper preparation for active participation in business life. Graduates know the latest trends and mechanisms of the global economy and are prepared to meet the requirements of the modern labor market.
The program of studies in the field of Economics consists of modules of economic subjects, as well as non-economic subjects, necessary to understand the economic issues. We also offer modules for elective courses and specialization modules.
Three specialties are offered as part of the first-cycle program:
- Quantitative methods in business and economics - students of this specialty acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to conduct analytical and research work, learn about processes in different types of markets, and learn to select and use the right tools for analysis of these processes;
- Eco-Business - the choice of this specialty allows students to acquire knowledge and skills related to sustainable economic development and ecology, as well as to prepare them for work in organizations dealing with environmental protection issues;
- International Business – the choice of this specialty allows students to acquire knowledge and skills related to international business.
• careers within companies, banks, financial and insurance institutions,
• work as a specialist in economics and management, a financial or investment advisor, business analyst, sales or marketing specialist,
• work in central administration, self-government and non-profit organizations,
Students are also prepared to run their own business.
The following documents are required (among others):
(1) a high school diploma,
(2) a high school transcript of records showing passed subjects and obtained grades,
(3) a certificate of proficiency in English for foreigners (unless secondary education was taught in English).
For detailed information about the admission procedure please visit: www.iso.uni.lodz.pl
The Faculty of Economics and Sociology
Institute of Economics
90-255 Łódź, 3/5 POW Street
Phone:+48 42 635 51 61
In matters related to the admission procedure please contact:
International Relations Office
University of Lodz
Address: ul. Uniwersytecka 3
90-137 Lodz, Poland
Phone: +48 42 635 42 37,
Fax: + 48 42 635 47 89
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www.iso.uni.lodz.pl
phone: +48 42 635 4237
- BA in Business Management
- BA in Computer Science, specialization: Computer Science in English
- BA in Economics, specialization: Economics in English
- BA in English Studies
- BA in International and Political Studies, specialization: American Studies
- BA in International and Political Studies, specialization: Asian Studies
- BA in International and Political Studies, specialization: Intercultural Communication
- BA in International and Political Studies, specialization: Politics and Policy in Europe
- BA in International and Political Studies, specialization: Security Studies
- BA in International Marketing
- BA in Management and Finance
- BA in Mathematics, specialization: Financial Mathematics
- MA in Business Management
- MA in Computer Science, specialization: Computer Science in English
- MA in Economics
- MA in English Studies
- MA in Environmental Protection, specialization: Applied Ecohydrology
- MA in International and Political Studies, specialization: Conflict Management and Negotiations
- MA in International and Political Studies, specialization: Governments and Governance
- MA in International and Political Studies, specialization: International Marketing