Informatics and Econometrics Specialization: Big Data Analytics
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
4 semesters semester
Faculty of Applied Informatics and Mathematics, Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW
Tuition and Other Fees
Around 8200 PLN per one academic year
Recruitment calendar: http://www.sggw.pl/en/for-candidates/recruitment/recruitment-of-foreigners/recruitment-terms
Commencement of studies: 1st of October
Course ProfileThe specialization, realized fully in English, is focused mainly on methods of analysis of the massive datasets. Within this specialization the students will get acquainted with the technologies used for storing, processing and analyzing large data sets and with other quantitative methods of economic analysis, the computer science tools and their practical application. The students will acquire practical skills in building analytical solutions on Big Data platforms. They will become familiar with distributed and parallel processing systems. They will learn how to use basic tools to visualize large data sets. The specialization is focused on the use of high level programming languages, as well as on the design and programming of the databases. The graduates will be able to incorporate the available methods and tools into the computer analysis systems. In general, the Big Data Analytics specialization prepares future analysts of massive datasets that are stored in companies and economical institutions, such as banks, stock markets, telecommunications companies etc.
The detailed list of subjects is as follows:
• First year: Mathematical Economics, Microeconometrics, Multidimensional Data Analysis, Software Engineering, Computer Networks, Modeling and Optimization of Business Processes, VBA Advanced Programming / Advanced Programming in Java [optional], Dynamic Econometrics, Operational Research – Applications, Survey Sampling, Oracle Databases / Actuarial Methods [optional], Advanced Data Exploration Techniques for Big Data, Facultative Courses 1, 2, 3, Second Foreign Language, Master Seminar.
• Second Year: Theory of Forecasting and Simulations, Basics of Financial Engineering, Management Information Systems, Processing Massive Datasets, Project Management, Intellectual Property Management, Statistical Analysis in the Market Research, Event History Analysis, Selected Issues in Sociology and Psychology, Business Ethics, Facultative Courses 4, 5, 6, Master Seminar, Master Thesis.
The graduates of Big Data Analytics are expected to find job in centers of information processing, IT companies, analysis departments of banks, brokerage companies, investment funds, telecommunications companies, central or local administration, scientific and research institutions.
Education Requirements- diploma of the first-cycle studies (Bachelor's degree or equivalent) in the field of computer science and econometrics, informatics, economics, finance and accounting, logistics, mathematics;
- diploma of another field of the first cycle studies, for which the effects of education are convergent with the learning outcomes expected of the candidates; if the convergence is incomplete, the student will be obliged to supplement the competence gaps by completing the subjects specified during the interview, in an amount not exceeding 30 ECTS, which is the limit of admissible discrepancy;
- average grade from first-cycle studies;
- confirmed knowledge of English language;
Other Requirementsaverage grade from first-cycle studies
Office for Students' Affairs: email@example.com
Faculty coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Nowoursynowska 166 St.
02-787 Warsaw, Poland
phone: +48 22 59 310 25
- Civil Engineering, Specialization: Engineering Infrastructure
- Economics Specialization: Economics and Organization of Enterprises
- Environmental Protection Specialization: Restoration and Management of Environment
- Food Technology and Human Nutrition, Specialization: Organic Food Quality and Marketing, within the ELLS EUR-Organic - European Master in Organic Agriculture and Food Systems)
- Forestry Specialization: Forest Information Technology
- Horticulture Specialization: Horticulture
- Informatics and Econometrics Specialization: Big Data Analytics
- Organic Agriculture and Food Production
- Veterinary Medicine