Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
3 years (6 semesters) semester
Medical University of Silesia, School of Health Sciences in Katowice
Tuition and Other Fees
Contact the University
Contact the University
Course ProfileStudents of the faculty of nursing gain general knowledge in the area of medical sciences, specific knowledge of nursing and acquires skills
to: • promote and protect health and to prevent diseases
• use the up to date knowledge to ensure highest safety and health care standards;
• provide comprehensive and person oriented care of a patient, including the disabled and terminal patients,
• organize own work
• establish cooperation patterns within health care teams and to enhance and support local community initiatives promoting health.
Studies at the faculty of nursing provide theoretical and practical background to practice the profession of a nurse. The students gain both, general and specialist knowledge in the area of medical, biological and social sciences.
The programmed comply with the EU educational standards. Graduates are entitled to obtain the license to practice the profession of a nurse throughout the territory of the Republic of Poland and the EU member states.
Our graduates are prepared to provide direct care of healthy children and adults in outpatient clinics, educational organizations, in general and industrial health care establishments and to take care of the patients in primary health care units as well on environmental, specialist and domestic basis, in hospital wards, sanatoria, specialist clinics, emergency departments, social care homes, nursing homes and medical centres.
Education Requirements1.original or notarized copy of high school diploma
2.original copy of high school transcript
3.certificate documenting English language fluency level
Admission process for candidates who graduated from foreign high schools and apply for undergraduate programs in nursing is based on the final score obtained in biology course completed on medium level.
Medical University of Silesia
School of Health Sciences in Katowice
Medyków Street 12,
Poniatowskiego Street 15
40-055 Katowice, Poland
phone: + 48 32 208 36 72
- Dentistry Programme
- Medical Biotechnology Graduate programme (2-nd degree)
- Medical Biotechnology Undergraduate programme (1-st degree)
- Medical program
- Midwifery (bachelor's degree)
- Midwifery (master degree)
- Nursing (master degree)
- Physiotherapy (master degree)
- Physiotherapy (unified master's degree)
- Public Health (bachelor's level)
- Public Health (master's level)