M.A in Cultural Studies: Intercultural Communication
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
2 years (4 semesters) from October 1, 2018 semester
Faculty of Social Sciences, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
Tuition and Other Fees
Registration: 50 Euro
Tuition fee per year: 1 500 Euro
EU citizens: free of charge
Course ProfileTo live we have to communicate. The better we communicate, the better the results of our efforts, interactions and cooperation will be. Because our contemporary world is more and more intercultural, we believe that to be able to participate and engage in activities of different kinds – social, artisitic, economic or political – one needs to have cultural and intercultural intelligence. We created Intercultural Communication programme to help our students:
DISCOVER that culture matters in all aspects of our life and why it is necessary to engage intercultural perspective in contemporary life and work.
UNDERSTAND how culture works and how we can use it to get the most of our efforts and interactions.
DEVELOP cultural and intercultural intelligence which is necessary in contemporary workplace, public and private life.
Why study Intercultural Communication in our Institute of Cultural Studies of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań?
We are focused on culture and it informs all research and teaching we do. Our Institute of Cultural has nearly fourty years of experience in research of culture and education of generations of graduates who succesfully implement their knowledge and skills in such fields as artsitic institutions, media, business, entrepreneurship and journalism. Our scholars are engaged in international and intercultural projects, cooperation and teaching programmes. Our students create fascinating and inspiring intercultural environment.
Education RequirementsB.A. in Cultural Studies or related fields in the humanities. As all lectures and seminars are conducted in English a good knowledge of spoken and written English is a must. Candidates must prove it with a certificate or in practice (entry interview).
Adam Mickiewicz University Institute of Cultural Studies
Address: ul. Szamarzewskiego 89, 60-568 Poznan, Poland
Phone: +48 61 829 2229, +48 61 829 2229,
+48 61 829 2105, +48 61 829 2105
ul. Wieniawskiego 1
61-712 Poznań, Poland
phone: +48 61 829 43 85
- B.A. in English - specialization: Literature and Culture
- B.A. in English Linguistics: Theories, Interfaces, Technologies
- B.A. in International Relations
- B.SC. in Computer Technologies
- BA in European and Balkan Studies
- Environmental Management at CAU and Environmental Protection at AMU
- Inter-University Programme of Interdisciplinary PhD Studies at the 'Artes Liberales' Academy
- M.A in Cultural Studies: Intercultural Communication
- M.A. in Balkan Studies
- M.A. in English Philology – specialization: Theatre and Drama
- M.A. in English – International Relations
- M.A. in Ethnology - Specialization: Cultural Differences and Transnational Process
- M.A. in Journalism and Social Communication, Specialization: New Media
- M.A. in Mediterraean Studies
- M.A. in Public Governance, Specialization: Good Governance and Civil Society
- M.Sc in Biotechnology
- M.Sc in Chemistry
- M.Sc. in Environmental Protection
- MA in Mathematics
- MA in Philology – Empirical Linguistics and Language Documentation
- MaMaSelf Master in Material Science
- MSc in Physics of Advanced Materials for Energy Processing - PAMEP
- PhD programme in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Poles and Germans in Europe