Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
3,5 years (7 semesters) semester
Gdańsk University of Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Tuition and Other Fees
8 600 PLN per semester
Course ProfileThe aim of the studies is to educate specialists in the field of widely understood mechanical engineering, which includes the construction, manufacturing and operation of machines. The study program includes lectures, tutorials and laboratory classes in fundamental subjects of mechanical engineering, delivered to the students during first four semesters. Professional elective subjects of the specialization Design and Production Engineering are conducted at final three semesters. The programme is delivered in the frame of the so called CDIO philosophy, i.e. Conceive, Design, Implement and Operate. Among fundamental subjects can be mentioned such ones as: mechanics, strength of materials, machine design, materials science, manufacturing techniques, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, electrotechnics and electronics as well as welding technology and hydraulics and pneumatics.
The employment opportunities are very wide ranging from small and medium enterprises to the traditional mechanical engineering companies such as production of machine components, steel constructions, automotive industry, shipyards, refineries, refrigeration systems, air conditioning and ventilation systems, hydrostatic drive systems or numerous branches of servicing companies. These opportunities do not exploit all possible carrier options. The graduate can find employment in construction offices or pursuit the second level studies in mechanical engineering or related areas.
Education RequirementsCompletion of high school (12 or more years of education since primary school). Fundamental knowledge of mathematics and physics.
E-mail: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
Phone number: +48 58 348 65 78 or +48 58 347 28 28 .
G. Narutowicza 11/12 St.
80-233 Gdańsk, Poland
phone: +48 58 348 65 78
- BA in Management (BiM)
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Data Engineering
- BSc in Energy Technologies
- BSc in Green Technologies and Monitoring
- International MBA in Strategy, Programme and Project Management (AMBA Accredited)
- MA in Management - Specialization: International Management
- MA in Management - Specialization: Small Business Economics & Management
- Master in Economic Analyses
- Master of Science in Ocean Engineering
Specialization: Marine Engineering and Offshore Energy
Specialization: Ship Technology and Offshore Engineering
- MSc in Architecture
- MSC in Automation, Cybernetics and Robotics specialization: Robotics and Decision System
- MSc in Automation, Cybernetics and Robotics
specialization: Computer Control Systems
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications - Specialization: Computer Electronic Systems
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications - Specialization: Radio Communication Systems and Networks
- MSc in Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Green Technologies and Monitoring
- MSc in Informatics - Specialization: Distributed Applications and Internet Services
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering - Specialization: International Design Engineer
- MSc in Nanotechnology Specialization: Nanostructures and computer simulations in material science