MSc in Chemistry
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
2 years (4 semesters)
Jan Dlugosz University in Czestochowa, Faculty of Science & Technology
Tuition and Other Fees
Tuition fees will be posted on the University website.
Compliant with the recruitment calendar at the university
Area of Studies: chemistry sciences
The aim of education in the field of chemistry of second-degree studies is:
- preparing specialists possessing advanced knowledge, skills, and social competences in the field of chemical sciences and the specialty,
- preparing specialists possessing knowledge and skills to solve chemical problems, able to discuss chemical topics with both other specialists and non-specialists, as well as demonstrating the ability to organize group work and manage teamwork.
The education program emphasizes, among others, the ability to combine chemical processes taking place in a broadly understood environment with knowledge of chemistry. The graduate is prepared and possesses experience in laboratory work in the field of chemical analysis and synthesis as well as physicochemical measurements. Moreover, the graduates are ready to undertake education at the Doctoral School.
• Specialty Drug Chemistry – the study program of this specialty, in addition to subjects providing chemical education, enables gaining of additional extended knowledge and skills concerning issues such as synthesis, isolation, and identification of pharmacopoeial substances, modern methods of controlled drug release, pharmacopoeial methods of quantitative analysis of pharmaceuticals and phytotherapy. Additionally, the student achieves and develops skills in the field of technical English in Chemistry.
Diploma of completing first-degree studies in the field of Chemistry or possessing first-degree qualifications (obtained professional title of bachelor, engineer, master, or master engineer) and possessing competences necessary to continue education at second-degree studies in the field of Chemistry.
In particular, the candidate should:
• possess structured knowledge of mathematics, physics, physical, inorganic, and organic chemistry, biochemistry, chemistry of materials, and chemical technology to the extent needed to solve tasks related to chemistry,
• possess knowledge and skills in the field of synthesis, purification, separation, composition analysis and determination of the structure of chemical compounds using classic and instrumental methods,
• understand the principles of occupational health and safety, rational and safe use of chemicals, as well as legal regulations in the field of managing chemicals,
• possess knowledge and skills in terms of interpreting, presenting, and documenting the results of a chemical experiment.
B2+ level in English
Jan Dlugosz University in Czestochowa
4/8 Waszyngtona St.
phone: +48 34 378 41 00
- BA in Music in public space
- BA in Painting
- Bachelor in Economics
- Bachelor in Philosophy
- Bachelor in Political Science
- BSc in Chemistry
- BSc in Physics
- MA in Painting
- MSc in Chemistry
- MSc in Computer Science
- MSc in Physics Specialities
- PhD in Arts in the discipline of Music
- PhD in Fine Arts and Art Restoration
- PhD in Humanities in the disciplines of History
- PhD in Humanities in the disciplines of Linguistics
- PhD in Humanities in the disciplines of Literary Studies
- PhD in Science and Natural Sciences in the disciplines of Chemical Sciences
- PhD in Science and Natural Sciences in the disciplines of Physical Sciences