MSc in Mechatronic Engineering: Mechatronics Design
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Second-cycle degree programme
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics, AGH University of Science and Technology
Tuition and Other Fees
2250 EUR per year
Contact the Unit
Designing mechatronic products requires a dedicated approach including: interdisciplinary design, market related constraints, multifunctionality, user-friendly operation and minimization of the cost of the whole product operation period. Thus designers who create mechatronic products should possess comprehensive interdisciplinary knowledge, ability to co-operate in an interdisciplinary designing team as well as team management skills of how to use the up-to-date tools of computer aided engineering. Additionally, they should know how to schedule and carry out the prototyping of mechatronic systems.
Mechatronic Design is based on a project oriented type of studying, including co-operation in project teams. Such approach leads to better understanding of specific nature of mechatronic design process and to learn techniques of how to solve interdisciplinary design problems. During the study each student will take part in a project focused on the design and prototyping of a mechatronic product.
The study program consists of courses on design of mechanical, electronic and control systems, as well as techniques of software and hardware application. During the classes students learn how to use dedicated software tools as well as testing equipment in the process of designing and prototyping of the complex mechatronic systems.
The specialty courses deal with problems of designing of embedded systems as well as microsystems (MEMS). Students take part in actual research projects, development activities and practical trainings.
Candidates are asked to attach to the e-Rekrutacja system the following documents:
- Scan of the passport page with your photo and personal data.
- Scan of signed Curriculum Vitae.
- Scan of signed cover letter, in which a candidate is obliged to show special predispositions to study at the chosen programme of study.
- Scan of the official certificate confirming your command of the language of instruction (Polish or English) – list of recognised English certificates.
- Scan of the higher education diploma with legalization (or apostille) with annotation (or as a separate document) stating, that the diploma entitles to apply for admission to second-cycle degree programmes at universities of every type in the country in which you received the above mentioned diploma.
- Scan of the official transcript of records with scale of grades included, confirmed by the University.
AGH UST Centre for International Students
Education related issues
Professor Wojciech Lisowski
A. Mickiewicza Ave. 30
30-059 Krakow, Poland
phone: +48 12 617 50 92
- BSc in Electronics and Telecommunications
- BSc in Mechatronic Engineering
- MSc in Chemical Technology: Clean Fossil and Alternative Fuels Energy
- MSc in Civil Engineering : Geotechnical Engineering and Underground Construction
- MSc in Computer Science: Systems Modelling and Data Analysis
- MSc in Electrical Engineering: Smart Grids Technology Platform
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications: Network and Services
- MSc in Geophysics: Applied Geophysics
- MSc in in Computer Aided Engineering Processes: Virtualization of Foundry Engineering
- MSc in Management: International Management
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Advanced Materials – Processing and Characterization
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Functional Materials
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Modern Materials, Design, and Application
- MSc in Mechatronic Engineering: Mechatronics Design
- MSc in Mining and Geology: Economic Geology
- MSc in Mining Geology: Mining Engineering
- MSc in Sociology: Technology and Society