MSc in Materials Engineering: Functional Materials
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Second-cycle degree programme
3 semesters semester
Faculty of Materials Science and Ceramics, AGH University of Science and Technology
Tuition and Other Fees
Contact the Unit
Course ProfileThe Functional Materials course is a new educational offer directed to graduate students with general background in materials physics, chemistry and engineering. Students will acquire knowledge on the interrelations between the manufacturing methods, structure and properties of materials and unique properties possible to develop by novel manufacturing and/or processing techniques. The application area covers electronics, photonics, energy storage and conversion, heterogeneous catalysis, health care, as well as sensing devices. The program encompasses lectures, seminars and laboratory work focused on the issues of surface functionalization, manufacturing bulk materials for demanding environments and integration of different materials, as well as elements of computer aided design, modelling and advanced characterization methods.
Candidates are asked to attach to the e-Rekrutacja system the following documents:
- Scan of the passport page with your photo and personal data.
- Scan of signed Curriculum Vitae.
- Scan of signed cover letter, in which a candidate is obliged to show special predispositions to study at the chosen programme of study.
- Scan of the official certificate confirming your command of the language of instruction (Polish or English) – list of recognised English certificates.
- Scan of the higher education diploma with legalization (or apostille) with annotation (or as a separate document) stating, that the diploma entitles to apply for admission to second-cycle degree programmes at universities of every type in the country in which you received the above mentioned diploma.
- Scan of the official transcript of records with scale of grades included, confirmed by the University.
AGH UST Centre for International Students
Education related issues
Professor Elżbieta Godlewska
A. Mickiewicza Ave. 30
30-059 Krakow, Poland
phone: +48 12 617 50 92
- BSc in Electronics and Telecommunications
- BSc in Mechatronic Engineering
- MSc in Chemical Technology: Clean Fossil and Alternative Fuels Energy
- MSc in Civil Engineering : Geotechnical Engineering and Underground Construction
- MSc in Computer Science: Systems Modelling and Data Analysis
- MSc in Electrical Engineering: Smart Grids Technology Platform
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications: Network and Services
- MSc in Geophysics: Applied Geophysics
- MSc in in Computer Aided Engineering Processes: Virtualization of Foundry Engineering
- MSc in Management: International Management
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Advanced Materials – Processing and Characterization
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Functional Materials
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Modern Materials, Design, and Application
- MSc in Mechatronic Engineering: Mechatronics Design
- MSc in Mining and Geology: Economic Geology
- MSc in Mining Geology: Mining Engineering
- MSc in Sociology: Technology and Society