MSc in Applied Geology: Economic Geology
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Second-cycle degree programme
Faculty of Geology, Geophysics and Environmental Protection, AGH University of Science and Technology
Tuition and Other Fees
1750 EUR per year
Contact the Unit
Our graduates have a broad knowledge on prospecting, documenting and evaluating of mineral deposits. They are able to plan and perform an exploration program depending on genetic type of deposit and searched elements as well as controlling process of excavation of ore horizon. Knowledge acquired during studies allows to choose optimal field and laboratory assay methods necessary for both prospecting and documentation reports.
Our graduates know how to perform a field works and are familiar with methodology of different sampling methods. Theory knowledge is not all. During studies, graduates take part in obligatory field works and diploma field works. Place of diploma field works depends on the thesis (in last few years, graduates had diploma field works in Poland, Ukraine, Kosovo, Slovakia, Australia, Laos and Mongolia).
The Economic Geology graduates know how to evaluate collected samples under the microscope, choose samples for further chemical assay and evaluate results, described drill core (logging) and evaluate mineral deposits including, and calculate resources and reserves based on 3-4D model of deposit. Knowledge acquired in Economic Geology studies allows our graduates to use the newest software to present all sort of data as maps, diagrams, profiles, controlling validation of extracted mineral commodities and cooperate with miners fulfilling geological service. They are also familiar with software for mineral deposit modeling, reserve calculation and open-cut and underground mining management.
- Scan of the passport page with your photo and personal data.
- Scan of signed Curriculum Vitae.
- Scan of signed cover letter, in which a candidate is obliged to show special predispositions to study at the chosen programme of study.
- Scan of the official certificate confirming your command of the language of instruction (Polish or English) – list of recognised English certificates.
- Scan of the higher education diploma with legalization (or apostille) with annotation (or as a separate document) stating, that the diploma entitles to apply for admission to second-cycle degree programmes at universities of every type in the country in which you received the above mentioned diploma.
- Scan of the official transcript of records with scale of grades included, confirmed by the University.
AGH UST Centre for International Students
Education related issues
Dean, Professor Adam Piestrzyński
A. Mickiewicza Ave. 30
30-059 Krakow, Poland
building A-3, room No 12A
phone: +48 12 617 50 92
- BSc in Computer Science
- BSc in Electronics and Telecommunications
- BSc in Mechatronic Engineering
- MA in Management: International Management
- MSc in Applied Geology: Economic Geology
- MSc in Automatic Control and Robotics: Cyber-Physical Systems
- MSc in Chemical Technology: Energy Transition
- MSc in Computer Science and Intelligent Systems: Artificial Intelligence and Data Analysis
- MSc in Electrical Engineering: Smart Grids Technology Platform
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications: Network and Services
- MSc in Geophysics: Applied Geophysics
- MSc in in Computer Aided Engineering Processes: Virtualization of Foundry Engineering
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Functional Materials
- MSc in Mechatronic Engineering: Mechatronics Design
- MSc in Mining Geology: Mining Engineering
- MSc in Non-Ferrous Metals Science and Engineering: Modern Materials, Design and Application