MSc in Mining Geology: Mining Engineering
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Second-cycle degree programme
3 semesters semester
Faculty of Mining and Geoengineering, AGH University of Science and Technology
Tuition and Other Fees
1500 EUR per year
Contact the Unit
Students of Mining Engineering deal with modern subjects within the scope of mining technology (coal and ore underground, open pit and salt mining), mechanization, geomechanics, blasting techniques, natural threats (rock bursting, roof falls, underground fire prevention, methane control etc.) and geological background. With the access to the latest software and fast computers students can simulate mining conditions by the means of numerical modeling. Students are also provided with knowledge in the field of mining economics, as well as the organization and management in the mining industry. Learning modern mining technologies, they can use computer techniques and visit Polish mines.
Graduates of Mining Engineering are prepared to work in underground and opencast coal mines, mines of metal ores, salt and other minerals, and in other mining plants dealing with the mining of mineral raw materials and in the companies of underground construction. They gain full qualifications entitling them to hold top management positions in a mine. They can also find employment in research and scientific centers serving the mining industry.
Candidates are asked to attach to the e-Rekrutacja system the following documents:
- Scan of the passport page with your photo and personal data.
- Scan of signed Curriculum Vitae.
- Scan of signed cover letter, in which a candidate is obliged to show special predispositions to study at the chosen programme of study.
- Scan of the official certificate confirming your command of the language of instruction (Polish or English) – list of recognised English certificates.
- Scan of the higher education diploma with legalization (or apostille) with annotation (or as a separate document) stating, that the diploma entitles to apply for admission to second-cycle degree programmes at universities of every type in the country in which you received the above mentioned diploma.
- Scan of the official transcript of records with scale of grades included, confirmed by the University.
AGH UST Centre for International Students
Education related issues
PhD Justyna Swolkień
A. Mickiewicza Ave. 30
30-059 Krakow, Poland
phone: +48 12 617 50 92
- BSc in Electronics and Telecommunications
- BSc in Mechatronic Engineering
- MSc in Chemical Technology: Clean Fossil and Alternative Fuels Energy
- MSc in Civil Engineering : Geotechnical Engineering and Underground Construction
- MSc in Computer Science: Systems Modelling and Data Analysis
- MSc in Electrical Engineering: Smart Grids Technology Platform
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications: Network and Services
- MSc in Geophysics: Applied Geophysics
- MSc in in Computer Aided Engineering Processes: Virtualization of Foundry Engineering
- MSc in Management: International Management
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Advanced Materials – Processing and Characterization
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Functional Materials
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Modern Materials, Design, and Application
- MSc in Mechatronic Engineering: Mechatronics Design
- MSc in Mining and Geology: Economic Geology
- MSc in Mining Geology: Mining Engineering
- MSc in Sociology: Technology and Society