MA Oriental Studies – Inner Asia: Mongolian and Tibetan Studies
Area of Studies
languages and philological sciences
Degree (in English)
2 years (4 semesters)
Faculty of Oriental Studies
Tuition and Other Fees
free of charge
from 06.06.2023 to 10.09.2023
Inner Asia, with Mongolia and Tibet, is a region of fascinating cultures. This is where the Mongol Empire and Tibetan civilization came into being. The interdisciplinary program of studies acquaints with the history of the region, languages used in the past and at present (Mongolian and Tibetan) as well as with many aspects of culture, including religion (Buddhism, Shamanism), literature and art.
The program has been based on many years of experience and practice in teaching and researching problems of the region of Inner Asia, particularly Mongolia and Tibet.
The program runs for two years (four semesters). All classes are offered in English.
Teaching staff consists of scholars who are experts in the field. Language classes are conducted by native speakers. Additionally, in order to upgrade their qualification and language skills, students have the possibility to travel to Mongolia for a language or research training.
The graduates will be qualified to take up posts in public administration, universities, national or international institutions and organizations, especially within the domain of culture.
In order to receive the Master's degree (official title, in Polish Magister), the graduates will be required to write a Master's thesis and pass the examination.
Information on qualification procedure is available at: irk.uw.edu.pl
University of Warsaw
Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28 St.
00-927 Warsaw, Poland
phone: + 48 22 55 240 -02, -43, -48, -75
- BA American Studies
- BA Archaeology
- BA English Studies - Linguistics, English Studies - Literature and Culture
- BA European Politics and Economics
- BA Finance, International Investment and Accounting
- BA International Studies in Philosophy
- BA Undergraduate Programme in International Relations
- BA Undergraduate Programme in Political Science
- Executive MBA
- MA African Studies
- MA American Studies
- MA Archaeology
- MA Chemistry
- MA Cognitive Science
- MA Data Science and Business Analytics
- MA English Studies
- MA Graduate Programme in International Relations
- MA Graduate Programme in Political Science
- MA Graduate Programme in Teaching English to Young Learners
- MA in Humanitarian Action
- MA Interdisciplinary Studies on Social Change: Mediterranean and Other European Borderlands
- MA International Business Program
- MA International Economics
- MA International Legal Communication
- MA International Management and Intercultural Communication – Global MBA
- MA Machine Learning
- MA Master in Food Systems
- MA Oriental Studies – Inner Asia: Mongolian and Tibetan Studies
- MA Physics (Studies in English)
- MA Psychology
- MA Quantitative Finance
- MA Religions of Asia and Africa: Buddhism, Islam and Others
- MA Sustainable Development