Gdansk University of Technology
Study at the top research university in Poland! Gdańsk University of Technology is the 2nd best research university in Poland according to the competition under the ‘Excellence Initiative - Research University’ programme announced by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
Gdańsk University of Technology (Polish name: Politechnika Gdańska) not only is one of the best, but also one of the oldest universities in Poland and the largest technical university in Northern Poland. It was established in 1904 and ever since its aim is to educate world class engineers in various areas of science and technology. Located in Gdańsk – a city of a thousand-year tradition and the gate to the Polish coastal line – it is a perfect place to study and enjoy the student life. The University consists of 9 faculties with 32 fields of study in Polish and 17 in English. It employs 1200 academic teachers and educates almost 15 thousand students, including almost 900 international students from over 60 countries. For candidates, it is important to know that GUT is one of the most popular universities among young people (second time in a row it came in the first place in the ministerial ranking measuring the popularity of universities among candidates). Not only do our graduates easily find jobs, but also often successfully create and run their own businesses. According to a nationwide survey, earnings of the Gdańsk University of Technology graduates are in the fourth place among graduates in the country.
During recent years, the University has been changing and constantly adapting to economic and social demands. The historical campus was adjusted to the needs of innovative organisation of studies and modern methods of teaching. The University owns more than 600 didactic and research laboratories spread throughout the campus, e.g.: Nanotechnology Centre, the LINTE^2 Laboratory of electroenergetics and renewable energy sources, the Immersive 3D Visualization Lab (where virtual reality is taken to the next level) and the ProtoLab prototyping facility (first of its kind in the entire region, where students and professional researchers can test their ideas 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). GUT also provides comfortable housing for almost 3 000 students in 12 dormitories, as well as sport facilities in the well-equipped Academic Sport Centre.
Employees of GUT are scientists working with passion. Their achievements and scientific activities are reflected in a significant number of awards and distinctions granted by both the Minister of Science and Higher Education of Poland and a number of national and international scientific and research institutions.
International students at GUT experience unique support – during the admission process and studies - given by International Students and Visitors Office (ISVO) – entity dedicated to recruit international candidates and support the newcomers. ISVO is a part of International Relations Office of Gdańsk University of Technology, whose supportive, multilingual staff can answer questions regarding application, the University, legal stay, accommodation, and any problems that may arise.
Facts & figures
- established in 1904
- over 1200 academic staff
- over 15 000 thousand students (including almost 900 international students from over 60 countries)
- more than 100 000 postgraduates
International Students and Visitor Office
G. Narutowicza 11/12 80-233 Gdańsk, Poland
phone: + 48 58 348 65 78, +48 58 347 28 28
e-mail: email@example.com pg.edu.pl/international
- BA in Management (BiM)
- Bachelor of Science in Green Technologies
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Specialisation: Design and Production Engineering
- BSc in Data Engineering
- BSc in Energy Technologies
- International MBA in Strategy, Programme and Project Management (AMBA Accredited)
- MA in Management - Specialization: International Management
- Master in Economic Analytics (Global Studies)
- Master of Science in Green Technologies
- Master of Science in Ocean Engineering
Specialization: Marine Engineering and Offshore Energy
Specialization: Ship Technology and Offshore Engineering
- MSc in Architecture
- MSC in Automation, Cybernetics and Robotics specialization: Robotics and Decision System
- MSc in Automation, Cybernetics and Robotics
specialization: Computer Control Systems
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications - Specialization: Computer Electronic Systems
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications - Specialization: Radio Communication Systems and Networks
- MSc in Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Informatics - Specialization: Distributed Applications and Internet Services
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering - Specialization: International Design Engineer
- MSc in Nanotechnology Specialization: Nanostructures and Computer Simulations in Material Science