Gdańsk University of Technology
Study at the top research university in Poland! Gdańsk Tech is the 2nd best research university in Poland according to the competition under the ‘Excellence Initiative - Research University’ programme announced by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
Gdańsk University of Technology / Gdańsk Tech (Polish name: Politechnika Gdańska) not only is one of the best, but also one of the oldest universities in Poland and the largest technical university in Northern Poland. It was established in 1904 and ever since its aim is to educate world class engineers in various areas of science and technology. Located in Gdańsk – a city of a thousand-year tradition and the gate to the Polish coastal line – it is a perfect place to study and enjoy the student life.
The University consists of 8 faculties with 38 fields of study in Polish and 19 in English. University also offers the possibility of obtaining a PhD degree in the Doctoral School and opportunity of conducting research related to business activities as part of doctoral thesis at Implementation Doctoral School.
Gdańsk Tech employs almost 1300 academic teachers and educates over 13 thousand students, including more than 1000 international students from over 70 countries. For candidates, it is important to know that Gdańsk University of Technology is one of the most popular universities among young people (second place according to the ministerial ranking measuring the popularity of universities among candidates). Not only do our graduates easily find jobs, but also often successfully create and run their own businesses. According to a nationwide survey, earnings of the Gdańsk Tech graduates are in the fourth place among graduates in the country.
During recent years, the University has been changing and constantly adapting to economic and social demands. The historical campus was adjusted to the needs of innovative organisation of studies and modern methods of teaching. The University owns more than 600 didactic and research laboratories spread throughout the campus, e.g.: Nanotechnology Centre, the LINTE^2 Laboratory of electroenergetics and renewable energy sources, the Immersive 3D Visualization Lab (where virtual reality is taken to the next level) and the ProtoLab prototyping facility (first of its kind in the entire region, where students and professional researchers can test their ideas 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
Gdańsk Tech also provides comfortable housing for 2300 students in 12 dormitories, as well as sport facilities in the well-equipped Academic Sport Centre.
Employees of the University are scientists working with passion. Their achievements and scientific activities are reflected in a significant number of awards and distinctions granted by both the Minister of Science and Higher Education of Poland and a number of national and international scientific and research institutions.
International students at Gdańsk Tech experience unique support given by International Relations Office and Welcome Office team – dedicated to recruit international candidates and support the newcomers. IRO’s supportive, multilingual staff can answer questions regarding the University, legal stay, accommodation, and any problems that may arise.
Facts & figures
• established in 1904
• almost 1300 academic staff
• over 13 000 thousand students (including more than 1000 international students from over 70 countries)
• more than 100 000 postgraduates
International Relations Office
G. Narutowicza 11/12 80-233 Gdańsk, Poland
phone: +48 58 347 28 28
- BA in Management (BiM)
- Bachelor of Science in Green Technologies
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Architecture
- BSc in Data Engineering
- BSc in Energy Technologies
- MA in Management - Specialization: International Management
- Master in Economic Analytics
- Master of Science in Green Technologies
- MSc in Architecture
- MSC in Automation, Cybernetics and Robotics specialization: Automatic Control System; specialization Robotics and Decision System
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications - specialization: Computer Electronic Systems, specualization: Computer Electronic Systems
- MSc in Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Informatics - Specialization: Distributed Applications and Internet Services
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering - Specialization: International Design Engineer
- MSc in Nanotechnology Specialization: Nanostructures and Computer Simulations in Materials Science
- MSc in Spatial Development, Specialisation: Urbanism
- PhD, Architecture and Urbanism [AiU]
- PhD, Chemical Sciences [NCh]
- PhD, Civil Engineering and Transport [ILiT]
- PhD, Control, Electronic and Electrical Engineering [AEiE]
- PhD, Economics and Finance [EiF]
- PhD, Environmental Engineering, Mining and Energy [IŚGiE]
- PhD, Management and Quality [ZiJ]
- PhD, Materials Engineering [IMa]
- PhD, Mathematics [M]
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering [IMe]
- PhD, Physical Sciences [NF]
- PhD, Technical Informatics and Telecommunications [ITiT]