Wrocław University of Science and Technology
Wrocław University of Science and Technology is one of the leading scientific and educational centre in Poland. Its position among technical universities in both Europe and the rest of the world is increasing every year. Development of the University is confirmed by research potential, didactics at the highest level, innovation and also cooperation with industry. The University educates specialists who are valued and sought after in the labour market. The rating of the University is confirmed by the results that the University achieves in annual rankings, such as the „Perspektywy”, „Wprost” or „U-Multirank” ranking of Higher Education Institutions, in which it continues to occupy the top position.
Wroclaw University of Science and Technology is an inheritor of Technische Hochschule Breslau, and also the intellectual and scientific heritage of Lviv Polytechnic. The University, as Wroclaw University of Technology, has been operating since 1945. Its creators and organizers were scientists from Lviv and Warsaw. From the very beginning it was an important centre of technical education. Today it is one of the biggest and best technical universities in the country with about 25,000 students being educated by over 2000 academic teachers in 13 faculties:
- Faculty of Architecture;
- Faculty of Civil Engineering;
- Faculty of Chemistry;
- Faculty of Electronics;
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering;
- Faculty of Geoengineering, Mining and Geology;
- Faculty of Environmental Engineering
- Faculty of Computer Science and Management;
- Faculty of Mechanical and Power Engineering;
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering;
- Faculty of Fundamental Problems of Technology;
- Faculty of Microsystem Electronics and Photonics;
- Faculty of Pure and Applied Mathematics;
- WUST branch in Jelenia Góra;
- WUST branch in Legnica;
- WUST branch in Wałbrzych.
Mission Wroclaw University of Science and Technology is a technical university and a research institution.
The aim of educating students is to not only provide them with reliable knowledge, but also with creative and critical thinking. The University primarily carries out its mission through the highest standards in scientific research, internationalization and also through
the high quality of education which is adapted to labour market requirements. Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, as an academic community, is open and comprehensive, it cherishes university valuesand traditions and cooperates with other universities and external partners.
The university offers Bachelor, Master and PhD programmes taught fully in English or in Polish. Some of the degree programmes we offer are run in cooperation with renowned universities in Europe and Canada giving you the chance to study part of the programme abroad and further stretch your wings! For full details of the study programmes please go to our website: http://rekrutacja.pwr.edu.pl/en/
Preparatory language courses
Students who need to improve their language skills may enroll in one year preparatory language course which prepares for university studies in the desired language: English or Polish. The language courses are also available in an intensive, shorter versions.
Wroclaw University of Science and Technology stands out with its educational offer that allows students to study according to standard programmes, as well as according to their individual educational paths. Moreover, the University maintains contacts with many educational and research institutions in the world and also follows the double diploma procedure. It currently has a cooperation agreement with 183 partners from 48 countries. Students and researchers of Wroclaw University of Science and Technology have an opportunity in both education and participation in joint projects such as: Erasmus+, Student Exchange Programmes, the Double Degree Master Programme T. I. M. E., the Polish and American Fulbright Commission and also DAAD, Vulcanus in Japan, CEEPUS.
WUST organizes short term courses for foreign students, which are a great opportunity for people from all over the world to boost their technical knowledge and work on projects with peers from other countries. Each year, during summer holidays WUST becomes full of international students who apart from gaining knowledge experience the vibrant city and region the heart of Europe.
Opportunities and potential
Many organizations and student associations operate within the University and among them there are 173 scientific clubs, 21 student organizations and 17 cultural agendas. This is where students have the opportunity to develop their scientific and creative passions. The profile of this activity is very diverse and depends only on the imagination of students. The University also has a non-commercial radio and TV station – Academic Radio LUZ and TV STYK.
Wroclaw University of Science and Technology pursues a strategy that aims to adapt the activity of the University to the needs of the economy. It successfully implements ideas of transferring knowledge to industry, creating innovations and also cooperating with business, local government and scientific-research centers. It promotes activities focused on fostering entrepreneurship and aids students and graduates when searching for a job. Each year the University receives a number of original technical solutions, patents, inventions and technologies that are applicable to industry. In the last five years the University has obtained 1403 patents. There are 887 didactic laboratories, 147 research laboratories and 13 accredited laboratories operating within the University. The world-class level of research conducted by university staff and the well-equipped laboratories result in cooperation with many domestic and foreign companies. Students have the opportunity to participate in internships and carry out their diplomas in the branches of renowned companies around the world, e. g. Nokia, COMARCH, KGHM, NETIA, Volvo, Ryanair.
Wroclaw University of Science and Technology is one of the most dynamically developing technical universities in the country. The most important recent investments of WUST include: Bibliotech – a building that operates on the basis of modern IT infrastructure and is the seat of the Centre of Knowledge and Science and Technology Information and also the location of one of the most powerful computers in the world „BEM” (148th in the ranking of the TOP500, June 2016); Geocentrum – an educational and research complex; and also Technopolis – two modern buildings of the Center of IT and Communication Technologies and the Centre of Education and Technology that act as educational, scientific and laboratory centres.
The Student Cultural Zone, in which are located, among others, a multi-storey car park, cafeteria and conference rooms, was founded as an answer to student needs. The cable car across the Odra River, named by students as „Polinka”, is a unique communication solution in Poland. This cable car connects the main campus of Wroclaw University of Science and Technology with the Geocentrum campus, which is located on the opposite side of the Odra River.
The campus of the University was recognized among the 15 most beautiful in the world according to a statement published by the prestigious online journal „The Huffington Post” and the American record company Disney (Pixar). Numerous buildings in a modernist style, located mainly by Odra River bank, were especially admired.
Facts & figures
- 13 faculties and 3 branches
- over 2200 academic staff
- about 25 000 students (31% women)
- over 1300 foreign students
- Cooperation agreements with 183 partners from 48 countries
- l403 patents
- 887 didactic laboratories, 175 research laboratories and 13 accredited laboratories
- 173 scientific clubs, 21 student organizations, and 17 cultural agendac
Division of International Students Admission (for Degree students):
Wybrzeże Wyspiańskiego 27, 50-370 Wrocław, Poland, building A-1, room 164
phone: +48 71 320 41 63, +48 71 320 37 11, +48 71 320 44 39, +48 71 320 37 19, + 48 71 320 31 70
- BSc in Applied Computer Science
- BSc in Electronic and Computer Engineering
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Organisational Management
- MA in Human Resource Management
- Medicinal Informatics, Bachelor
- MSc in Big Data Analytics
- MSc in Advanced Applied Electronics
- MSc in Advanced Chemical Engineering and Nanotechnology
- MSc in Advanced Computer Science
- MSc in Advanced Nano- and Bio-Materials MONABIPHOT
- MSc in Applied Mathematics
- MSc in Architecture
- MSc in Automotive Engineering
- MSc in Big Data Analytics
- MSc in Bioinformatics
- MSc in Business Intelligence
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Computer Aided Mechanical and Power Engineering
- MSc in Computer Engineering
- MSc in Control in Electrical Power Engineering
- MSc in Cryptography and Computer Security
- MSc in Embedded Robotics
- MSc in Environmental Quality Management
- MSc in Geomatics
- MSc in Geomatics for Mineral Resource Management
- MSc in Geotechnical and Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Internet Engineering
- MSc in Medicinal Chemistry
- MSc in Mining Engineering
- MSc in Nuclear Power Engineering
- MSc in Production Management
- MSc in Refrigeration and Cryogenics
- MSc in Renewable Energy Systems
- MSc in Renewable Sources of Energy
- MSc in Spatial Management
- MSc in Technology of Fine Chemicals
- Preparatory English Language Course
- Preparatory Polish Language Course
- Urban Mining, MSc