Medical University of Warsaw
Warszawski Uniwersytet Medyczny
The Medical University of Warsaw (MUW) is a top ranking medical university in Poland. MUW is a modern academic institution and dynamic research center that specializes in clinical studies and theoretical medicine. With over 200 years of tradition in academic excellence, MUW today offers 15 programs in Polish and 3 programs in English. These programs are delivered by outstanding medical professionals using modern teaching techniques in accordance with the European quality assurance standards. MUW graduates are well equipped with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary to practice medicine almost anywhere in the world.
English Division Medicine (MD degree)
- 6-year medical program is offered to high school graduates, university students and bachelor degree holders. The program meets Polish, EU and U.S. teaching standards and offers over 5700 hours of training in general medicine, pre-clinical and clinical courses.
- Following pre-clinical studies, students are eligible to sit for the USMLE Step 1 exam and the USMLE Step 2 exam after clinical studies.
- MD degrees are recognized in the EU, U.S., Canada, and most other countries in the world and have U.S. Department of Education, Medical Board of California, Malaysian Medical Council and Medical Council of Thailand accreditations.
English Dentistry Division (DMD degree)
- 5-year dental program is for high school graduates
- includes two pre-clinical years (lectures, seminars) and 3 clinical years (practical classes), 10 semesters (150 weeks) overall
- meets EU standards (5000 hours of instruction and 300 ECTS)
- upon completion of each year of study, students are required to undertake 4 weeks of practical training (locally or abroad).
English Pharmacy Division (MPharm degree)
- Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) degree includes 5 years of instruction and 6 months of pre-registration training in an approved pharmacy
- in the last two years of instruction, students can take up to 400 hours in specialist courses like Hospital Pharmacy and Cosmetology, Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Care, Industrial Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, etc.
- upon completion, students become a registered pharmacist recognized in Poland and the EU.
Why choose MUW?
- Top ranking Polish medical university
- EU (ECTS), U. S. and Polish teaching standards
- MD, DMD degrees recognized in the EU, U. S., Canada, and most other countries across the globe
- International Accreditations:
- U. S. Department of Education
- The Medical Board of California
- Malaysian Medical Council
- The Medical Council of Thailand
- Practical medical training at MUW’s
- 6 clinical hospitals
- affiliated hospitals
- Medical Simulation Centre
- Hub for advanced pre-clinical and technology research (CePT)
- Over 300,000 books and journal titles
- Over 100 Erasmus+ destinations
- More than 40 International Co-operation agreements
- Modern teaching and research equipment
- Over 200 student scientific research clubs
- Organizer of WIMC – Annual Warsaw International Medical Congress for Young Scientists
- Almost 10 thousand students in total
- International students from more than 50 countries
- New modern Olympic pool, sports facilities, and relaxation zones
- Student choir, orchestra, and sports clubs
- A safe environment
- Great location: in Poland’s capital between the international airport and city center
Time spent at MUW is an invaluable experience in medical training, passion development and simply having fun!
"Dream it, believe it, achieve it!"
(Prof. Mirosław Wielgoś, Rector, 2017)
Facts & figures
- Established in 1809
- 1800 academic staff
- 10 000 students
- 700 foreign students
Zwirki i Wigury 61, 02-091 Warsaw, Poland
phone: +48 22 572 05 02, +48 22 572 06 72 fax: +48 22 572 05 62
English Dentistry Division:
phone: +48 22 572 02 51
English Pharmacy Division:
phone: +48 22 572 07 87