AGH University of Science and Technology
Akademia Górniczo-Hutnicza im. Stanisława Staszica w Krakowie
The AGH University of Science and Technology is at present one of the oldest (established in 1913), biggest, and best Polish technical universities. Contrary to its traditional name, the University has a wide portfolio of education, covering virtually all scientific issues related to technical or similar sciences. The profile and scope of education as well as research at AGH UST is constantly changing and developing, as we are aspiring to be continually up to date with demands of the present times. We are following the requirements of dynamically changing labour market, closely watching directions of changes in economy, administration and politics.
The mission of our university is up-to-date education of engineers who specialise in many branches of technology (offering around 70 fields of study). It is worth mentioning that many of AGH UST fields of study are unique and they have no counterparts in any other Polish universities. We want to preserve this uniqueness by combining knowledge of technology and arts, especially since we employ highly qualified and internationally recognised staff in many unique fields (environmental protection, environmental engineering, underground renovation of historical monuments and archeometallurgy, multimedia and social communication, geotourism, management in specified industries, biomaterials and biomedical engineering).
There are around 22 000 students studying at 16 faculties. There are around 70 fields of study. Our university also offers first-cycle and second-cycle degree programmes fully conducted in English. The AGH UST graduates are given the opportunity to broaden their knowledge at AGH Doctoral School. The AGH Doctoral School prepares its students for obtaining a doctoral degree in 16 disciplines. Doctoral students pursue their scientific interests based on personally developed research and study plans.
The AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow is a university of modern technologies with great prospects for the future. A varied and attractive educational offer and innovative research in the fields strategic for the national economy are our true asset.
Today, the university comprises 16 faculties. Their research activity is connected with traditional, yet constantly developing branches of industry and economy (mining, drilling, metallurgy…), and with particular fields of Earth and technical sciences (geology, geodesy, electrical engineering…). Well represented are also faculties conducting research in dynamically developing disciplines such as computer science, telecommunications, and biomedical engineering, as well as faculties connected with the basic sciences (mathematics, physics, geophysics, and sociology).
The university is a creative place. This fact is confirmed by annual reports published by the Polish Patent Office, where we are in the lead among institutions submitting the largest number of inventions and utility models. Every year, we obtain over 100 patents and sell several dozen licences. Our activity is also noticeable on the European arena.
The AGH UST campus is the largest campus in Poland and it is located in the centre of the most beautiful Polish city – Krakow. Modern teaching and research facilities with laboratories equipped with unique apparatus, comfortable conditions, numerous improvements for people with disabilities, and the largest campus in Poland – these are only some of its many assets.
The compact complex of AGH UST buildings is located in one district of Krakow and covers the area of 40 ha. An integral part of the university campus is the AGH UST Student Campus, covering the area of 13 ha. Comfortable conditions are a great asset of the student houses – access to the Internet, special places for learning, TV rooms, and club rooms. The student campus has its own sports fields (including a modern football pitch, and volleyball and basketball courts with artificial surfaces), and tennis courts. A very modern AGH UST Swimming Pool is another great asset. Close proximity of the Krakow Błonia Park and Park Jordana allows runners, joggers, cyclists, and roller skaters to spend time actively in the picturesque and green areas of the city.
AGH UST is a special place with unique atmosphere; it is a place of ideas, successes and friendships for life.
Facts & figures
- Established in 1913
- 2200 academic staff
- 22 000 students (36 % women)
- +48 12 617 50 92
phone: +48 12 617 50 92
fax: +48 12 617 52 39
phone: +48 12 617 52 38
fax: +48 12 617 52 39
Department for International Students
A. Mickiewicza Ave. 30, 30-059 Krakow, Poland
building A-3, room No.12A
- BSc in Computer Physics
- BSc in Computer Science
- BSc in Electronics and Telecommunications-Computer Engineering
- BSc in Mechatronic Engineering
- MA in Management: International Management
- MSc in Applied Geology: Economic Geology
- MSc in Automatic Control and Robotics: Cyber-Physical Systems
- MSc in Chemical Technology: Chemical Technologies in Energy Sector
- MSc in Computer Science and Intelligent Systems: Artificial Intelligence and Data Analysis
- MSc in Electrical Engineering: Smart Grids Technology Platform
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications: Network and Services
- MSc in Energy and Environmental Engineering: Energy and Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Energy Engineering: Energy Transition
- MSc in Geoinformation: Remote Sensing and GIS
- MSc in Geophysics: Applied Geophysics
- MSc in in Computer Aided Engineering Processes: Virtualization of Foundry Engineering
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Functional Materials
- MSc in Mechatronic Engineering: Mechatronics Design
- MSc in Metallurgical Engineering
- MSc in Mining Geology: Mining Engineering
- MSc in Non-Ferrous Metals Science and Engineering: Modern Materials, Design and Application
- MSc in Oil and Gas Engineering: Petroleum Engineering