PhD in Economics and Finance in the scope of Economics
Area of Studies
business studies and management sciences
Degree (in English)
4 years (8 semesters)
Doctoral School at SGH
Tuition and Other Fees
An applicant entered into the admission procedure should be a holder of the professional title of magister, magister inżynier or its equivalent or of a diploma of completion of a first cycle programme or should hold a document confirming the completion of the third year of a long cycle graduate programme for persons stipulated in art. 186.2 of the PSWiN act (the act of 20 July 2018 - the Law on Higher Education and Science; Journal of Laws item 1668, as amended).
Education in the Doctoral School shall last 8 semesters.
The study curriculum in the Doctoral School shall include the following courses:
A. Common for all education programmes: the load of 74 obligatory hours::
1. Writing and publishing research articles
2. Researcher's workshop
3. Workshop on research methodology (adapted to the specificity of the discipline)
4. Philosophy of Science
5. Ethics in Science
6. Scientific seminar
B. Major (2 – 4 courses recommended) (84 - 120 hours depending on the profile)
C. Support courses (62-64 hours – 90 hours depending on the profile)
D. Complementary courses (min. 2) (42 - 60 hours depending on the profile):
E. Doctoral seminar, obligatory, the load of 60 hours
Total: 268 - 408 hours (depending on the profile)
Individual Research Plan (obligatory) (IPB) - prepared by the doctoral candidate in cooperation with the supervisor (supervisors) and the assistant supervisor, if appointed.
The Doctoral School shall educate high-class specialists for:
- science, including higher education schools and scientific institutions,
- business practice, in particular financial sector companies and institutions,
- government and local government institutions, international organisations.
The participant of the Doctoral School, according to the selected study curriculum, shall gain advanced level knowledge of modern macroeconomics and microeconomics, management, finance, politics and administration, as well as current economic theories of enterprise and international economics.
A doctoral candidate shall acquire the skills of conducting independent research through learning about methodology, quantitative and qualitative methods in scientific research as well as of popularising research findings and shall develop the necessary social competences. Curricula for each of 4 doctoral programmmes are defined.
Applicant registration shall be conducted using the On-line School Registration System (ISR).
Admission to the Doctoral School shall involve two stages:
First admission stage: substantial analysis of the documents submitted by the applicant and a decision of qualification of the candidate for the second stage – with no candidate participation.
Second admission stage: a structured interview with the candidate.
al. Niepodległości 162
02-554 Warsaw, Poland
phone: +48 22 564 77 77
- BA in Global Business, Finance and Governance
- BA in International Economics
- BA in Management
- BA in Quantitative Methods in Economics and Information Systems
- Canadian Executive MBA
- International Master Program in Management Accounting (practical profile)
- MA in Advanced Analytics - Big Data
- MA in Finance and Accounting (with opportunity of ACCA qualification)
- MA in Global Business, Finance and Governance
- MA in International Business
- PhD in Economics and Finance in the scope of Economics
- PhD in Economics and Finance in the scope of Finance
- PhD in Management and Quality Sciences
- PhD in Political and Administration Sciences