MSc in Materials Engineering - Welding technologies and surface engineering in manufacturing (under the patronage of Messer Eutectic Castolin Sp. z o.o. company)
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Master of Science
3 semesters / 1,5 years
Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice
Tuition and Other Fees
1600€ for 1st semester ; 1500€ for each subsequent semester
Student receives full education in basic and technical sciences necessary to work in welding technology.
Student will acquire knowledge concerning the construction and operation of the laser devices and their industrial applications.
After completing the course, student should:
- have knowledge about the physical basics of construction and operation of laser devices,
- have theoretical knowledge in the field of interaction of focused laser beam with the matter,
- know basic methods of laser materials processing,
- be able to select the parameters and properties of laser beam for specific application and different type of laser processing method,
- have knowledge about material technologies, the principles of selection and design of engineering materials and shaping their property.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with transcript of records Bachelor degree certificate with transcript of records The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: Polish / English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
1.Document stating that candidate’s diploma allows to take up the second cycle studies in the country of issue (if such a statement is not already written on that certificate).
2. Proficiency at level B2 by CEFR scale or equivalent.
ul. Akademicka 2A
44-100 Gliwice, Poland
phone: + 48 32 237 16 90
- BSc in Automatic Control and Robotics, Electronics and Telecommunication, Informatics (interdisciplinary studies)
- BSc in Biomedical Engineering (BE) direction. Specialization: Information systems in medicine (Full-time)
- BSc in Biotechnology
- BSc in Circular Economy
- BSc in Civil Engineering
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
- BSc in Engineering Physics
- BSc in Environmental Engineering
- BSc in Industrial and Engineering Chemistry
- BSc in Informatics
- BSc in Management and Production Engineering - Management of Production Systems (Full-time)
- BSc in Management and Production Engineering - Management of Production Systems (Part-time)
- BSc in Mathematics (Applied Mathematics)
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Mining and Geology
- BSc in Power Engineering
- BSc in Transport
- MSc in Architecture
- MSc in Automation and Robotics – Integrated Manufacturing Systems (under patronage of the Balluff company)
- MSc in Biotechnology - Biofuels
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Electrical Engineering
- MSc in Industrial and Engineering Chemistry
- MSc in Informatics
- MSc in interdisciplinary studies: Automatic Control and Robotics, Electronics and Telecommunication, Informatics - Data Science
- MSc in interdisciplinary studies: Automatic Control and Robotics, Electronics and Telecommunication, Informatics - Electronics and Telecommunication
- MSc in Logistics (part-time)
- MSc in Management and Production Engineering - Logistic Systems in Industrial Enterprises (Full-time)
- MSc in Management and Production Engineering - Management of Production Systems (part-time)
- MSc in Materials Engineering - Welding technologies and surface engineering in manufacturing (under the patronage of Messer Eutectic Castolin Sp. z o.o. company)
- MSc in Materials Engineering – with major in - Materials and Processes in Modern Industry
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering - Aircraft Design
- MSc in Mechanics and Machine Design- Aircraft Propulsion Systems
- MSc in Mechatronics – Mechatronic Systems Engineering (under the patronage of the IBS Poland company)
- MSc in Mining and Geology
- MSc in Power Engineering - Energy Transition
- MSc in Transport
- MSci in Interdisciplinary Studies: Automatic Control and Robotics, Electronics and Telecommunication, Informatics - Automatic Control