Environmental Engineering - second-cycle, full-time, in the field of Biotechnology
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Master of Science
Faculty of Geoengineering
Tuition and Other Fees
Free of charge, registration fee 85 PLN
15th February 2022
This program focuses on problems related to the use of biotechnology in engineering and environmental protection, food production as well as in the bioeconomy, including recovery of bioproducts and energy from waste materials. The program provides microbiological knowledge on the basics of biotechnological processes in environmental engineering and presents the possibilities of biotechnology transfer from a laboratory scale to a technical scale. The most important assets of graduates of the Master’s program Biotechnology are wide theoretical and practical knowledge, knowledge of modern biotechnologies and research methods, including molecular ones and the ability to work individually and in an international team.
The program takes three semesters to complete: first semester at the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, second semester at the University of Applied Sciences in Offenburg (Germany) and third semester (Master thesis) is conducted either at one of the participating universities or externally at a suitable company or research institution. After successfully completing three semesters, students earn a “double MSc” and are awarded certificates from both universities.
Admission takes place consecutively for graduates who have successfully completed a Bachelor’s/Engineer’s degree with 210 ECTS (or equivalent) or have completed a Master’s degree. Those degrees should be obtained in the field: Civil Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemical and Process Engineering, Sanitary Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Protection, Agriculture, Chemical Technology, Food Technology and Human Nutrition, Zootechnics, Bioengineering of Food Production, Agricultural and Forestry Technology, Management of Renewable and Mineral Resources, Food Processing Engineering, Commodity Science or similar field.
The admission procedure requires the diploma with a transcript of records. Students with a diploma of completion of studies abroad, who have a first degree comprising less than 210 ECTS (or equivalent), will be asked to pass courses from a given course catalogue with a workload of up to 30 ECTS, before the Master’s degree can be awarded.
Phone +48 89 523 4194
Phone: +48 89 523 4185
address: ul. Oczapowskiego 2
10-719 Olsztyn, Poland
phone: +48 89 523 39 26
- Agriculture - second-cycle, full-time, in the field of Production Management
- Biology - first-cycle, full-time, scope Applied Biology
- BSc in Environmental Engineering
- BSc in Geodesy and Cartography
- Environmental Engineering - second-cycle, full-time, in the field of Biotechnology
- Environmental Engineering - second-cycle, full-time, in the field of Environmental Biotechnology
- Environmental Engineering - second-cycle, full-time, in the field of Process Engineering, Environmental Protection
- Food technology and human nutrition - second-cycle, full-time, in the field of Food engineering
- Management - second-cycle, full-time, in the field of Logistics
- MSc in Agriculture
- MSc in Geodesy and Cartography - Specialty: Geoengineering and Geoinfoirmatics
- MSc in Information Science: Data Science in Practice
- MSc in Medicine
- Political Science - first cycle, full-time, in the field of International Relations – Global and Regional Perspective
- Political Science - second-cycle, full-time, in the field of International Relations – Global and Regional Perspective, International political and economic relations