BSc in Mechatronic Engineering with English as instruction language
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
First-cycle studies, Engineer
7 semesters – 3.5 years
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics
Tuition and Other Fees
summer time (June - September)
Mechatronic Engineering with English as instruction language
Mechatronic engineering is an interdisciplinary program composed of basic courses (e.g. mathematics, physics), major courses (e.g. mechanics, control theory, computer science, electronics), as well as of speciality courses. Contents of major and speciality courses comprise techniques of computer-aided engineering, problems of virtual prototyping, elements of modern control and basics of robotics. Students learn about methods and tools for the analysis and synthesis of mechatronic systems and integration in mechatronics.
The aim of the Mechatronics engineering first cycle study program is to build the students’ engineering knowledge considered as theoretical background and practical engineering problems. The study comprises laboratory and project classes where students gather practical engineering skills.
The study in Mechatronic engineering prepares graduates to work in interdisciplinary teams that design, manufacture and/or utilize various mechatronic systems. The interdisciplinary knowledge helps the program graduates to communicate with other engineers in solving practical, complex engineering problems.
The program graduates are prepared to work in design units, research and development institutions, and companies that manufacture or use mechatronic devices.
The graduates are also prepared to continue studying at the Master level both at home University (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics offers second level Mechatronic engineering program) and at other faculties or universities in Poland or abroad.
Program Educational Objectives:
• Progress to Master’s studies.
• Be employed by the industry in design teams focused on mechanical or mechatronic systems.
• Be employed by industry or academia in research and development, experimentation and testing of mechanical, mechatronic or control systems.
• Increase their level of leadership within their respective organizations.
• Communicate effectively and work collaboratively in multidisciplinary work environments.
• Be committed to lifelong learning to enhance their professional knowledge.
Through the candidates's eye Mechatronic is another field of study conducted in English, which at the same time provides specialist education and competences in the field of technical mechanics, automation and microprocessor systems while developing language competences.
Detailed study programme: https://sylabusy.agh.edu.pl/en/1/2/19/1/4/4/56
Programme details - contact:
Professor Wojciech Lisowski
Recruitment details - contact:
Department for International Students
phone: +48 12 617 50 92
A. Mickiewicza Ave. 30
30-059 Krakow, Poland
building A-3, room No 12A
phone: +48 12 617 50 92
- BSc in Computer Physics
- BSc in Computer Science
- BSc in Electronics and Telecommunications
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Mechatronic Engineering with English as instruction language
- MA in Management: International Management
- Master, RaVeN – Raw Materials Value Chain
- MSc in Applied Geology: Economic Geology
- MSc in Automatic Control and Robotics: Cyber-Physical Systems
- MSc in Chemical Technology: Chemical Technologies in Energy Sector
- MSc in Computer Science and Intelligent Systems: Artificial Intelligence and Data Analysis
- MSc in Electrical Engineering: Smart Grids Technology Platform
- MSc in Energy and Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Energy Engineering: Energy Transition
- MSc in Geophysics: Applied Geophysics
- MSc in Geospatial Computer Science: Remote Sensing and GIS
- MSc in Materials Engineering: Materials Engineering
- MSc in Mechatronic Engineering with English as instruction language: Mechatronics Design
- MSc in Metalcasting Engineering
- MSc in Metallurgical Engineering
- MSc in Mining Engineering: Mining Engineering
- MSc in Modern Materials, Design and Application
- MSc in Oil and Gas Engineering: Petroleum Engineering
- MSc in Remote Sensing and Geo Informatics
- MSc in Renewable Energy and Energy Management: Sustainable Energy Systems