MSc in Applied Physics
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Master of Science
1,5 year (3 semesters), starts on October
Faculty of Materials Engineering and Physics, Cracow Universaity of Technology
Tuition and Other Fees
Studies at this program with the specialization in Computer Modeling are designed to ensure master’s degree graduates with a strong basis to efficiently use the tools of mathematics, physics and computer science. The graduate will acquire the knowledge and skills in the area of modeling physical, technological, economical, biological and other processes.
The competences obtained during studies:
- modeling natural phenomena in science and technology with use of advanced computer applications;
- basics of symbolic computations, computer graphics and visualization;
- computer-controlled measurement stations in research and industry; - modern information technologies in physics, technology and business: object and mobile programming techniques, algorithms and computational methods in the optimization tasks and engineering calculations;
- techniques of modern measurement systems in science, medicine, industry and everyday life;
- physics as the foundation of other sciences, problems of modern physics, including those defining its interdisciplinary character as a science.
Upon completing the degree the graduate is prepared for PhD studies or embark on professional career in science, industry or finance. Graduates ready to employ in research laboratories, become a programmer, software tester, computer network administrator, web or computer graphic designer, data analysts etc. Physics training is desired by banks and other financial institutions (quanta).
The following documents are to be submitted by candidates applying for admission to MSc programmes:
1. Application Form available on http://iro.pk.edu.pl
2. BSc degree.
3. Official confirmation of legality of applicant’s BSc degree.
4. Official certificate confirming that applicant’s BSc degree allows them to apply for admission to MSc studies at all universities in their country.
5. Official Transcript of Records with a legend of marks.
6. Copy of applicant’s passport.
7. Official confirmation of the English language knowledge.
8. A photocopy of visa or temporal residence card, or permanent residence card, or other document that allows the applicant to stay in the Republic of Poland for the period of their studies.
9. A photocopy of personal insurance plan for the period of studies in the Republic of Poland – to be submitted upon the commencement of classes at CUT.
10. A digital colour photo (JPEG file, 236 x 295 pixels).
1. Submission of required documents listed in the application procedure.
2. BSc in Physics, Applied Physics or in another field (i.e. mathematics, natural science or technical studies).
If graduates of faculties other than Physics or Technical, the Faculty's Recruitment Commission assesses, based on the Diploma Supplement (or index), the candidate's implementation of program content (60% of the number of hours of basic and directional subjects) allowing to obtain the results of education appropriate for the first degree studies conducted in the field of technical physics.
Ms. Agnieszka Piekarz
+48 12 628 20 09
ul. Warszawska 24
31-155 Kraków, Poland
phone: +48 12 628 30 44
- BSc in Architecture (Accredited by the Royal Institute of British Architects RIBA)
- BSc in Civil Engineering (accredited by the European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education)
- BSc in Landscape Architecture
- BSc in Mechanics and Machine Design
- MA in Architecture
- MA in Landscape Architecture
- Master, Additive Manufacturing
- MSc in Applied Physics
- MSc in Chemical Technology
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Computer Science
- MSc in Environmental and Land Engineering
- MSc in Mechanics and Machine Design
- MSc in Power Engineering