MSc in Agronomy
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
4 semesters (full-time)
Tuition and Other Fees
3800 EUR (1000 EUR per 1st, 2nd, 3rd semester and 800 EUR per 4th semester) + enrollment fee (65 EUR for non-EU candidates and 85 PLN for EU candidates and NAWA scholarship holders)
May 31, 2022
Master`s Degree Program in Agronomy is addressed to foreigners holding BSc degree in a discipline related to the content of the programme. The programme of studies consists of the following subjects:
– obligatory are requirements for all students: plant management, data processing and experimental design, sustainable crop plants fertilization, biotechnology in modern agriculture, plant breeding, instrumental analysis, soil biology and chemistry, diagnostics of plant nutritional disorders, integrated pest management, biomass production and management, crop protection,
– specializations are selected by each student in accordance with her/his interests:
- Module I – biomass and bioenergy, seed grain quality, dryling and storage, crop irrigation, crop technologies, forage plant cultivation on arable land
- Module II – weed biology and control, principles of breeding for resistance, plant disease epidemiology, physiological foundations for plant resistance to pathogens and pests,
- Module II – sustainable systems of crops fertilizing, diagnostics of crop plants nutritional disorders, nutrient management,
- Module III – non-fodder utilization of grasses and grass communities, grassland management, grassland phytochemistry, optimization of forage production on grassland, biodiversity of agricultural ecosystems, forage seed production
- Module IV – ecology of microorganism, plant tissue and cell culture, genetic engineering, microbiology of natural environment, microbiology of plant and animal products
Obligatory subjects comprise about 35% of the programme of studies, the rest are selected from specialization subjects.
The Faculty of Agronomy and Bioengineering at the Poznań University of Life Sciences is our oldest faculty, with a history of almost 100 years. Our assets are connected with the combination of experience and advanced techniques and technologies both in our research and teaching practice. The Faculty has highly qualified staff and excellent teaching and research facilities, including our own experimental stations.
The Master’s studies programme comprises over 1240 hours of lectures, laboratory classes, seminars, field trips and inspections, e.g. visits at pesticide manufacturing plants both in Poland and other EU countries. The programme is focused on broadly understood issues connected with agriculture in various management systems (conventional farming, organic farming, sustainability farming). The curriculum is based on a module system* making it possible to intensify and rationalize the teaching and learning system. Interdisciplinary studies include the latest advances in theory and practice in the field of Agronomy and Agriculture, making it possible for our graduates to acquire skills and qualifications needed to work within the broadly understood agricultural sector, particularly plant breeding and seed production, plant protection against agrophages, renewable energy sources or plant nutrition.
The graduate agronomists have many career paths, but their careers are generally focused on increasing the quality and amount of food produced for the nation`s food supply. They can be teachers, agricultural business consultants or researchers, they might work on farms or in agricultural labs and mills.
The graduates will be required to write a Master’s thesis and pass the examination.
- Methodology of agricultural experiments,
- Environmental management,
- Instrumental analyses,
Poznań University of Life Sciences
28 Wojska Polskiego St.
60-637 Poznań, Poland
phone: 0048 61 846 6716; 0048 61 846 7011
- MSc in Agri-food Economics and Trade
- MSc in Agronomy
- MSc in Animal Production Management
- MSc in Biotechnology
- MSc in Environmental Engineering and Protection
- MSc in Food Science and Nutrition
- MSc in Forestry
- MSc in Geoinformation Science, Earth Observation and Spatial Management
- MSc in Horticulture: Seed Science and Technology
- MSc in Wood Science
- Poznań University of Life Sciences Doctoral School