MSc in Food Science and Nutrition
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
3 semesters (full-time)
Faculty of Food Science and Nutrition
Tuition and Other Fees
3600 EUR (1200 EUR per 1st, 2nd, 3rd semester) + enrollment fee (65 EUR for non-EU candidates and 85 PLN for EU candidates and NAWA scholarship holders)
May 32, 2022
The programme started at the Poznań University of Life Sciences in the academic year 2011/2012. The course comprises 805 hours of lectures, laboratory classes, seminars, and visits to food companies. The studies give an excellent chance to develop a career in food science and technology and visit Europe. This course provides a technological and science basis for food production and preservation, assessment and control of food safety, diet and health issues and extension with industry. On successful completion of this programme, along with writing their MSc theses, students will be able to present an original research thesis, explain the principles of techniques used in food and nutrition research and apply them in practice, . Graduates will acquire and demonstrate understanding of the technological and scientific basis for food production and preservation and methods for the assessment and control of food safety, while they will also be able to elaborate methods to modify and control food quality by means of chemical, microbiological and sensory analysis techniques.
Course teachers have carried out research in many aspects of food technology, nutrition, food analysis, molecular biology and quality control and they will be eager to share their experience with you. During your studies you will have many possibilities to gain skills in applying unique technologies and using analytical equipment.
Career options include jobs in food technology industry, research and development divisions, food safety and food control departments, food quality laboratories, as well as PhD studies in food science and nutrition.
You will also be prepared to participate in the realization of scientific and food industry projects. Thanks to the knowledge and skills you will gain during your studies, you will be able to work as advisors for companies, public departments as well as individual clients.
- Comprehensive studies in food processing and human nutrition
- Advanced food processing and preservation
- Advanced food analysis
- Selected topics in food science
- Field trips (visits to food industry plants)
- Food product development
- Quality and safety in food production
- Food Science & Technology
- Chemistry or Applied Chemistry
- Chemical, Biochemical or Agricultural Engineering
- Human Nutrition
Poznań University of Life Sciences
28 Wojska Polskiego St.
60-637 Poznań, Poland
phone: 0048 61 846 6716; 0048 61 846 7011
- MSc in Agri-food Economics and Trade
- MSc in Agronomy
- MSc in Animal Production Management
- MSc in Biotechnology
- MSc in Environmental Engineering and Protection
- MSc in Food Science and Nutrition
- MSc in Forestry
- MSc in Geoinformation Science, Earth Observation and Spatial Management
- MSc in Horticulture: Seed Science and Technology
- MSc in Wood Science
- Poznań University of Life Sciences Doctoral School