Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
3,5 years (7 semesters)
Gdańsk University of Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Tuition and Other Fees
8 600 PLN per semester
The aim of the studies is to educate specialists in the field of widely understood mechanical engineering, which includes the construction, manufacturing and operation of machines.
The study program includes lectures, tutorials and laboratory classes in fundamental subjects of mechanical engineering, delivered to the students during first four semesters. Professional elective subjects of the specialization Design and Production Engineering are conducted at final three semesters. The programme is delivered in the frame of the so called CDIO philosophy, i.e. Conceive, Design, Implement and Operate.
Among fundamental subjects can be mentioned such ones as: mechanics, strength of materials, machine design, materials science, manufacturing techniques, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, electrotechnics and electronics as well as welding technology and hydraulics and pneumatics.
The employment opportunities are very wide ranging from small and medium enterprises to the traditional mechanical engineering companies such as production of machine components, steel constructions, automotive industry, shipyards, refineries, refrigeration systems, air conditioning and ventilation systems, hydrostatic drive systems or numerous branches of servicing companies. These opportunities do not exploit all possible carrier options. The graduate can find employment in construction offices or pursuit the second level studies in mechanical engineering or related areas.
Good mathematics and physics marks on the secondary school certificate.
E-mail: mailto:email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Phone number: +48 58 348 65 78 or +48 58 347 28 28 .
International Relations Office
G. Narutowicza 11/12 80-233 Gdańsk, Poland
phone: +48 58 348 28 28
- BA in Management (BiM)
- Bachelor of Science in Green Technologies
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Architecture
- BSc in Data Engineering
- BSc in Energy Technologies
- MA in Management - Specialization: International Management
- Master in Economic Analytics
- Master of Science in Green Technologies
- MSc in Architecture
- MSC in Automation, Cybernetics and Robotics specialization: Automatic Control System; specialization Robotics and Decision System
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications - specialization: Computer Electronic Systems, specualization: Computer Electronic Systems
- MSc in Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Informatics - Specialization: Distributed Applications and Internet Services
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering - Specialization: International Design Engineer
- MSc in Nanotechnology Specialization: Nanostructures and Computer Simulations in Materials Science
- MSc in Spatial Development, Specialisation: Urbanism
- PhD, Architecture and Urbanism [AiU]
- PhD, Chemical Sciences [NCh]
- PhD, Civil Engineering and Transport [ILiT]
- PhD, Control, Electronic and Electrical Engineering [AEiE]
- PhD, Economics and Finance [EiF]
- PhD, Environmental Engineering, Mining and Energy [IŚGiE]
- PhD, Management and Quality [ZiJ]
- PhD, Materials Engineering [IMa]
- PhD, Mathematics [M]
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering [IMe]
- PhD, Physical Sciences [NF]
- PhD, Technical Informatics and Telecommunications [ITiT]