MA in Human-Computer Interaction
Area of Studies
2 years (4 semesters)
Lodz University of Technology Faculty of Electrical, Electronic, Computer and Control Engineering
Tuition and Other Fees
8000 PLN per semester (approx. 1800 EUR)
Application fee - 85 PLN (approx. 20 Euro; non-refundable)
June/July For details check: https://rekrutacja.p.lodz.pl/en/deadlines
Modern job market shows an emerging demand for specialists skilled in human-computer interaction (HCI), who are capable to study, design, create and evaluate interactive systems. The HCI programme at Lodz Univ. of Technology allows you to gain a wide range of professional skills and academic knowledge beyond computer engineering, but also concerning the influences of IT, design and social sciences. The goal of the programme is to educate a new generation of specialists who are ready to face the rapidly changing realms of modern market and capable to adapt and create novel solutions and services employing cutting-edge interactive technology. Master in HCI at TUL offers the opportunity to gain knowledge and engineering skills in using modern IT technologies, 3D printing and creating software, models and interactive systems. The alumni will be prepared to work as a part of multidisciplinary project teams, and lead the human-centered design process in interactive technologies, having deep understanding of human factors concerned. The prospect alumni may seek employment as designers and developers of interactive systems, UX designers and researchers, leaders of product or service design teams or research & development specialists. The alumni will also be prepared to continue their academic careers in a PhD programme.
What you gain:
• Education corresponding to the latest trends!
• Wide technological and social competences allow for research work in various industries - from IT and consumer electronics to medical technologies or technological startups.
Cooperation with companies:
Leading companies, both locally and globally, among others the companies being a part of ICT Central Poland Cluster.
Outstanding students may be delegated for internships to leading international research institutions, which closely collaborate with HCI-focused research groups at Lodz University of Technology.
• The competencies gained along the Master’s programme in HCI will boost professional development in multiple branches of industry and services, wherever modern interactive systems are used or developed. In highly-developed economies (eg. Germany, France, USA, Australia, Singapore or Japan), where the innovative industry is based on highly-skilled engineering personnel, there is an rapidly emerging trend to support education and development of human-computer interaction.
• Specialists in HCI are widely sought among IT, consumer electronics, automotive, aviation, and medical industries, as well as start-up companies developing telecare services and applications. Wherever an interactive systems are concerned, employers show an emerging need for specialists capable to create a holistic vision of modern technologies and services.
Candidates have to hold an engineer degree, a master’s degree or equivalent and must have a legalized diploma of first/second degree studies or another foreign document that entitles them to continue education at the second degree studies level.
A candidate must have very good knowledge of English proven by an international language certificate or an official document issued by candidate’s university stating that English was medium of instruction on the first degree study programme they have completed.
List of accepted international language certificates is also available on our website: https://rekrutacja.p.lodz.pl/en/language-requirements
International Cooperation Centre
36 Zwirki St., 90-539 Lodz, Poland
tel: +48 42 638 38 64
36 Zwirki St., 90-539 Lodz
phone: +48 42 638 38 64
- BA in Business Studies
- BA in Design
- BSc Gestion et Technologie
- BSc in Advanced Biobased and Bioinspired Materials
- BSc in Architecture
- BSc in Biomedical Engineering and Technologies
- BSc in Business and Technology
- BSc in Computer Science
- BSc in Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering
- BSc in Industrial Biotechnology
- BSc in Information Technology
- BSc in Mathematical Methods in Data Analysis
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Modelling and Data Science
- BSc in Textiles and Fashion Industry
- MA in Design
- MA in Human-Computer Interaction
- Master of Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Operations Management
- MSc in Applied Electronics
- MSc in Architecture
- MSc in Computer Science and Information Technology
- MSc in Energy Systems in Built Environment
- MSc in Future Mobility
- MSc in Industrial Biotechnology
- MSc in Nanotechnology
- MSc in Textile Engineering