Bachelor, International Relations - Global Studies
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
3 years/6 semesters
University of Wroclaw
Tuition and Other Fees
EU candidates for each year: 2200 EUR
non-EU candidates for:
1 year: 3650 EUR
2 year: 3500 EUR
3 year: 3500 EUR
EU candidates - application fee (paid once, in the first year): 20 EUR
non-EU candidates - application fee (paid once, in the first year): 20 EUR
non-EU citizens: August 15th, 2020 EU citizens: September 15th, 2020
The program of Global Studies specialty in International Relations is directed to all international and Polish prospective students who would like to understand the mechanisms of globalization, and dependences between the local and global events and phenomena.
The main assumption of global studies is to concentrate on the globalization as a main research and teaching subject. It does not analyse globalization form the point of view of the national state. Instead global studies put globalization in the centre and study it as a complex and autonomous process which imposes the specified and similar conditions to all national and international actors. Global Studies are hardly defined by the assumptions and methods of any of contemporary sciences. Instead they have a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary character, as they join diverse theoretical approaches of economy, international relations, political sciences, anthropology, sociology, area studies, cultural and ethnic studies, but also some elements natural sciences such as the earth and life sciences or physics.
Details of the program
The program of Bachelor Studies offered by the Institute contains at least 2000 teaching hours, which is equivalent to 180 ETCS credits. To finish the study students are obliged to write Bachelor thesis under the supervision of one of the institutes's professors and defend it or pass Bachelor exam.
The program of studies consists of the obligatory courses (general and related to the area of study), specialty courses and optional courses, which students choose according to their own interests.
Students choose their optional courses before the start of each semester.
Student have to collect 30 ECTS in each semester from obligatory courses, optional courses and workshops.
Other obligatory elements of the program are: Polish language (4 semesters/120 hours), other foreign language ( 1 semesters/60 hours), physical education in the University's Sport Centre (60 hours).
Students have the possibility to participate in the programs of international student exchange and use all the other offers and propositions directed to the student of the University of Wrocław.
• certified copies of your High School Diploma,
• certified copies of your academic records,
• certified copies of your English proficiency, check the level here: https://international.uni.wroc.pl/en/study-english/entry-requirements/english-language-requirements
• CV (resume) and motivation letter
• a digital passport photo,
• a copy of the passport,
• a medical certificate,
• confirmation of payment registration fee on University account
Plac Uniwersytecki 1
phone: +48 71 375 28 77
- Bachelor of Business and Administration (Specialisations: Business, Finance, Governance)
- Bachelor, Biotechnology
- Bachelor, Chemistry
- Bachelor, Criminal Justice
- Bachelor, European Cultures
- Bachelor, International Relations - Global Studies
- Bachelor, Political Science (4 specialisations)
- Master, Administration in International Organizations
- Master, Applied Geoscience
- Master, Chemistry
- Master, Communication Management - Image Communication (advertising, public relations, branding)
- Master, Data Science
- Master, Empirical and Theoretical Linguistics
- Master, European Studies
- Master, Global Communication
- Master, International Relations - Global Studies
- Master, Journalism and Social Communication
- Master, LLM International and European Law
- Master, Managerial Economics
- Master, Medical Biotechnology
- Master, Political Science
- Master, Public History
- Master, Sociology - Intercultural Mediation
- Master, Theoretical Physics
- Master, Tourism and Hospitality
- PhD Programme in Philosophy
- PhD, Political Science
- PhD, Sociology