Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Bachelor of Engineering BEng
Faculty of Biology and Biotechnology
Tuition and Other Fees
Date of commencement of studies: October Recruitment calendar - https://www.sggw.edu.pl/en/recruitment/
Aim of the programme
Biotechnology is a multidisciplinary field of study, combining knowledge of life sciences and engineering, aiming to use the living organisms in product development, testing and manufacturing. In addition to general topics students can focus on plants-, animals-and microorganisms- biotechnology giving them practical and theoretical knowledge. Our aim is to provide a solid foundation for future careers in food and pharmaceutical industry, diagnostics, plant breeding companies, research institutions and many others. We put special attention on cutting edge topics including bioinformatics, genomics, nanobiotechnology and genetic engineering. Graduates will be able to plan and run the biotechnological experiments and processes, generate, interpret and report high quality biological data, evaluate the use or particular methods and devices.
Main mandatory subjects:
General and physical chemistry, Botany, Animal anatomy, Mathematics, Physics and biophysics, Information technologies, Organic chemistry, Cell Biology, Animal histology, Ecology, Design thinking.
General genetics, Biochemistry, General microbiology, Plant physiology, Animal physiology, Physiology of microorganisms, Engineering of biotechnological processes, Molecular biology, Basics of genetics and animal breeding, Enzymology and Biochemical technics, General virology.
Genetic engineering, Basics of bioinformatics, Design and de¬velopment of technological lines, Biotechnological methods in environmental protection, Physiomics, Immunology, Cell and tissue cultures, Industrial biotechnology, Social and legal aspects of biotechnology, Statistics.
Chemical safety, Seminar, Graduation workshop, Professional practice.
Each year there is a variety of facultative subjects covering specific biotechnology related topics.
The alumni can find jobs in:
- pharmaceutical industry;
- crop improvement companies;
- clinical research;
- food industry;
- diagnostics laboratories;
- R&D institutions;
- public administration related to above mentioned.
- the results of the completed secondary education with specified final marks in: (1) biology and (2) chemistry or mathematics or physics;
confirmed knowledge of English (certificate of English language at least level B2 or document confirming completion of the secondary education taught in English);
02-787 Warsaw, Poland
phone: +48 22 59 310 25
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science: Technology and Nutrition
- Bachelor Degree in Organic Agriculture and Food Production
- Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology
- Environmental Protection Specialization: Restoration and Management of Environment
- Master Degree in Civil Engineering, Specialization: Engineering Infrastructure
- Master Degree in Environmental Engineering, Specialization: Modern Engineering in Water Management
- Master Degree in Environmental Protection, Specialization: Restoration and Management of Environment
- Master Degree in Finance and Accounting
- Master Degree in Forestry, Specialization: Forest Information Technology
- Master Degree in Horticulture, Specialization: General Horticulture
- Master Degree in Informatics and Econometrics, Specialization: Big Data Analytics
- Veterinary Medicine