Bachelor Degree in Organic Agriculture and Food Production
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Faculty of Agriculture and Ecology, Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW
Tuition and Other Fees
Expected payment for studies in English starting in the academic year 2020/2021 - 8200 PLN. Official information in May. Scholarships for non-nationals are not provided. EUR
Date of commencement of studies: 1st October SGGW’s recruitment calendar - www.sggw.edu.pl/en/home/studies/recruitment/2-en-calendar/
Mission of the Study:
The Faculty of Agriculture and Ecology has the aim to offer the students a holistic and interdisciplinary knowledge in the area of organic agriculture and food production presented by the best specialists from different faculties of Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW and from abroad.
The Aim of the Study
The BSc studies OAFP are constructed according to the expectations of potential employers within organic food production. The focus is on the innovative teaching methods activating students and preparing them for future employment. The studies will offer good possibilities to develop the necessary skills and knowledge in desired specialties. The alumni of OAFP can find jobs in organic food production, processing, trade and also in different companies connected with education, dissemination and advisory services.
A detailed program of studies
The program is divided into six semesters. It consists of both lectures and practical classes/workshops.
The detailed list of subjects is as follows:
• 1st year: Environment protection, Introduction to organic agriculture and husbandry, Chemistry, Basics of botany and systematic, Agrometeorology, Global food production, Informatics, Foreign language, Sustainable food production systems, Sustainable development of rural areas, Agroecology, Soil science, Microbiology of soils and plants, Animal physiology and nutrition, Basics of plant biochemistry and physiology, Food legislation or Agriculture law, Basics of human nutrition.
• 2nd year: Cropping systems, Plant breeding and seed materials for OA, Control and certification system of organic production, Plant protection management in organic agriculture, Fertilization in organic system, Agricultural technologies for organic farming, Food Microbiology, Raw materials and ecological products, Mathematical statistic, Organic grassland farming, Organic crops, Weeds and weed management in organic farming, Methodology of scientific research, Livestock production in organic farming, Organic vegetable and fruit production, Food safety risk, Study trip to organic farms.
• 3rd year: Diploma seminar, Study trip to organic processing plant, Economy and organization of organic farms, Conversion of the farm into organic system, Processing of organic plant raw materials, Food safety and hygiene, Ecological aspects of food and nutrition, Processing of organic animal raw materials, International agricultural markets, Herbs in organic farming, Entrepreneurship in organic business.
- the results of the maturity examination in biology or chemistry or mathematics;
- confirmed knowledge of English (certificate of English language at least level B2 or maturity exam in English language at an Advanced level with result at least 60%, or a document confirming completion of the high school with program in English as language of instruction).
Student Affairs Office: email@example.com
Faculty Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
02-787 Warsaw, Poland
phone: +48 22 59 310 25
- Bachelor Degree in Organic Agriculture and Food Production
- Master Degree in Civil Engineering, Specialization: Engineering Infrastructure
- Master Degree in Environmental Engineering, Specialization: Modern Engineering in Water Management
- Master Degree in Environmental Protection, Specialization: Restoration and Management of Environment
- Master Degree in Finance and Accounting
- Master Degree in Forestry, Specialization: Forest Information Technology
- Master Degree in Horticulture, Specialization: General Horticulture
- Master Degree in Informatics and Econometrics, Specialization: Big Data Analytics
- Veterinary Medicine