Bachelor Degree in Organic Agriculture and Food Production
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
3 year (6 semesters)
Faculty of Agriculture and Ecology
Tuition and Other Fees
5 000 PLN / semester
Expected payment for studies in English starting in the academic year 2020/2021 - 8200 PLN. Official information in May. Scholarships for non-nationals are not provided. EUR
Date of commencement of studies: October Recruitment calendar: https://www.sggw.edu.pl/en/recruitment/
Aim of the programme:
The Faculty of Agriculture and Biology has the aim to offer the students a holistic and interdisciplinary knowledge in the area of organic agriculture and food production presented by the best specialists from different faculties of Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW and from abroad. The BSc studies OAFP are constructed according to the expectations of potential employers within organic food production. The focus is on the innovative teaching methods activating students and preparing them for future employment. The studies will offer good possibilities to develop the necessary skills and knowledge in desired specialties.
Main mandatory subjects:
Environment protection, Introduction to organic agriculture and husbandry, Chemistry, Basics of botany, Agrometeorology, Global food production, Informatics, Foreign language, Sustainable food production systems, Sustainable development of rural areas, Agroecology, Soil science, Microbiology of soils and plants, Animal physiology and organic nutrition, Basics of plant biochemistry and physiology, Study trip to organic farms, Food legislation or Agriculture law, Basics of human nutrition.
Cropping systems, Plant breeding and seed materials, Control and certification system of organic production, Plant protection management in organic agriculture, Plant nutrition in organic system, Agricultural technologies for organic farming, Food Microbiology, Organic raw materials, Study trip to organic farms, Organic grassland farming, Organic crops, Weeds and weed management in organic farming, Methodology of scientific research, Livestock production in organic farming, Organic vegetable and fruit production, Hazards for food safety.
Diploma seminar, Mathematical statistic, Organization of organic farms or Markets and marketing of organic food, Conversion of the farm into organic system, Processing of organic plant raw materials, Food safety and hygiene, Ecological aspects of food and nutrition, Processing of organic animal raw materials, International agricultural markets, Herbs in organic farming, Entrepreneurship in organic business.
Career prospects :
The alumni of OAFP can find jobs in organic food production, processing, trade and also in different companies connected with education, dissemination and advisory services
- the results of the maturity examination in biology or chemistry or mathematics,
- confirmed knowledge of English (certificate of English language at least level B2 or maturity exam in English language at an Advanced level with result at least 60%, or a document confirming completion of the high school with programme in English as language of instruction).
Student Affairs Office: email@example.com
Faculty Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
02-787 Warsaw, Poland
phone: +48 22 59 310 25
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science – Technology and Nutrition
- Bachelor Degree in Organic Agriculture and Food Production
- Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology
- Master Degree in Civil Engineering, Specialization: Engineering Infrastructure
- Master Degree in Environmental Engineering, Specialization: Modern Engineering in Water Management
- Master Degree in Finance and Accounting
- Master Degree in Forestry, Specialization: Forest Information Technology
- Master Degree in Horticulture, Specialization: General Horticulture
- Master Degree in Informatics and Econometrics, Specialization: Big Data Analytics
- Master, Environmental Protection Specialization: Restoration and Management of Environment
- Veterinary Medicine