Master Degree in Informatics and Econometrics, Specialization: Big Data Analytics
Area of Studies
Degree (in English)
Faculty of Applied Informatics and Mathematics
Tuition and Other Fees
4 500 PLN / semester
Date of commencement of studies: March / October Recruitment calendar: https://www.sggw.edu.pl/en/recruitment/
Aim of the program
The Big Data Analytics specialization is focused mainly on methods of analysis of the massive datasets. Within this specialization the students will get acquainted with the technologies used for storing, processing and analyzing large data sets and with other quantitative methods of economic analysis, the computer science tools and their practical application. The students will acquire practical skills in building analytical solutions on Big Data platforms. They will become familiar with distributed and parallel processing systems. They will learn how to use basic tools to visualize large data sets. The specialization is focused on the use of high level programming languages, as well as on the design and programming of the databases. The graduates will be able to incorporate the available methods and tools into the computer analysis systems.
Main mandatory subjects
Mathematical Economics, Dynamic and Financial Econometrics, Microeconometrics, Multidimensional Data Analysis, Operational Research – Applications, Survey Sampling, Software Engineering, Network Services, Foundations of Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Programming, Network Security, Oracle Databases, Processing massive datasets.
Theory of Forecasting and Simulations, Basics of Financial Engineering, Advanced data exploration techniques for big data, Deep Learning Methods, Statistical Analysis in the Market Research, Event history analysis, Project Management, Intellectual Property Management, Selected Issues in Sociology and Psychology, Business Ethics.
The Big Data Analytics specialization prepares future analysts of massive datasets that are stored in companies and economical institutions, such as banks, stock markets, telecommunications companies etc.
- diploma of the first-cycle studies in the field of computer science and econometrics, informatics, economics, finance and accounting, logistics, mathematics,
- diploma of another field of the first cycle studies, for which the effects of education are convergent with the learning outcomes expected of the candidates; if the convergence is incomplete, the student will be obliged to supplement the competence gaps by completing the subjects specified during the interview, in an amount not exceeding 30 ECTS, which is the limit of admissible discrepancy;
- confirmed knowledge of English (certificate of English language at least level B2).
Student Affairs Office: email@example.com
Faculty Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Warsaw University of Life Sciences - SGGW
02-787 Warsaw, Poland
phone: +48 22 59 310 25
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science – Technology and Nutrition
- Bachelor Degree in Organic Agriculture and Food Production
- Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology
- Master Degree in Civil Engineering, Specialization: Engineering Infrastructure
- Master Degree in Environmental Engineering, Specialization: Modern Engineering in Water Management
- Master Degree in Finance and Accounting
- Master Degree in Forestry, Specialization: Forest Information Technology
- Master Degree in Horticulture, Specialization: General Horticulture
- Master Degree in Informatics and Econometrics, Specialization: Big Data Analytics
- Master, Environmental Protection Specialization: Restoration and Management of Environment
- Veterinary Medicine